Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

pot pipe found un kids burger king happy meal

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 3:41 PM
  • 13 Replies
Three suspects have been charged with possession of drug paraphernalia after a smoking pipe was discovered in a 4-year-old's Burger King Kids Meal in Dundee, Mich., according to local police.

The boy's grandfather notified the police after he went to pick up food for his family at the Burger King in Dundee, Mich., Richard Uhl, chief of the Dundee Police Department, told ABC News. The family was on vacation at Splash Universe, a water park in Dundee. He had bought a happy meal for the 4-year-old, only to find a smoking pipe filled with marijuana nestled within its contents. The grandfather promptly returned the happy meal.

"It's a sad situation when a 4-year-old is subjected to something like that," said Uhl. "It's dangerous." He said the 4-year-old was lucky his family was vigilant, or he could have inhaled the marijuana.

Police tracked the pipe to a 23-year-old employee, who admitted bringing placing it in one of the kids meal boxes to hide it. The employee also admitted to owning hashish, and had called two friends to bring the hashish to work.

The Burger King Franchise in Dundee where the incident took place declined to comment.

Police are not releasing the names of the suspects or the family until the suspects have been arraigned, said Uhl.

Joseph Costello, chief assistant prosecutor for the Monroe County Prosecutor's Office, told ABC News that police are seeking charges of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, and his office is reviewing the charges.

Castellano said that in Michigan, possession of marijuana is considered a one year misdemeanor and can result in a $2,000 fine.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/pot-pipe-found-kids-burger-king-happy-meal-173704215.html?vp=1
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. Some people are just... Well stupid.
bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Jul. 20, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL At the boy being lucky he didn't inhale it. Either that kid carries a lighter or they think he doesn't chew his food.
GaleJ
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:05 PM
I can only imagine that sales of their children's meals would explode if that was included in every meal...especially late at night...lol.
Kitschy
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought it said pot pie. I was like, damn that's far better than the burger it supposed to come with.

AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:53 PM
2 moms liked this

The only thing I am thinking while reading this is how Burger King certainly does not have Happy Meals. 

armyvet06
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:58 PM
I agree

Quoting RADmomma:

Wow. Some people are just... Well stupid.
armyvet06
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:59 PM
My thoughts exactly

Quoting bmw29:

LOL At the boy being lucky he didn't inhale it. Either that kid carries a lighter or they think he doesn't chew his food.
armyvet06
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:00 PM
probably would lol

Quoting GaleJ:

I can only imagine that sales of their children's meals would explode if that was included in every meal...especially late at night...lol.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Lol, I did too, ha ha.

Quoting Kitschy:

I thought it said pot pie. I was like, damn that's far better than the burger it supposed to come with.

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:01 PM

It was really a "happy" meal?

Cause and effect?

Too many jokes running through my head right now lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN