Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Gross picture...but (added 2 new pictures.Warning....still gross. Update.Updated again-this time in green.)

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:12 AM
  • 98 Replies

my hubby doesn't think I need to have a doctor look at this thing.What do you think? I am pretty sure something bit me at lunch time...Stupid thing  hurts,warm to the touch and starting to get a darker red ring around it.

Before anyone points out that you aren't doctors I just want an opinion.Hopefully,one that points out to my hubby that this thing is getting infected (at the very least) and that I'm not being a whiny baby.

I ended up going to the ER and got it lanced. :=[  We spent all day yesterday out.Had to get hubby's paperwork for his permanent residency re-done.The only place we can go from Mississippi is New Orleans.

So,we go do the paperwork and spent the rest of the day wandering New Orleans.When it got too hot outside we used our seasonal passes and went to the Aquarium and the Insectarium.

On the way back to Mississippi I started feeling ill...didn't pay close attention.Figured we had all been outside too long.As soon as we got home I went to bed.It was maybe 8:30/9:00 p.m. My body woke me up at 3:00a.m.-covered in sweat.Running 103.5 fever and puking.My arm felt like someone was poking me with hot pins. Well,they lanced it (OMG-that thing had a lot of gunk in it!!)covered it in an antibiotic cream and gave me a shot in the butt. I feel a heck of a lot better right now....even though I'm still nauseous.They wrote me a stronger script (antibiotics)and sent me home.

Ok,so after that thing got lanced it was fine...for about a week.In my defense,I thought the swelling was due to the lancing and then I noticed it was sort of sore.Hurts like a bruise when you touch it. Last night after I got in the shower I noticed it had a head on it again,so I scrubbed it well while in there.

After I got out of the shower it was easy to "pull" the skin off ...there was something black inside it,sort of like a long black string!! It wasn't hard and it didn't have a smell that I could tell.Maybe a stinger? It was gross and now,I'm really wondering if I should head back to the doctor? Any ideas?Help....please and thank you.

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:14 AM
3 moms liked this
Looks like MRSA. Go to urgent care now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I think a bug bite of some sort.  I'd call the doctor at least. Tell them what you have. See what they tell you.  Otherwise if it's no better by Monday. I'd be going to the doctor.

Christy_517
by Invisible on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Draw around it with a pen or marker and see if/how much it grows overnight. But yeah, that looks painful to say the least. Sorry :(
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Good idea.Thanks

Quoting Christy_517:

Draw around it with a pen or marker and see if/how much it grows overnight. But yeah, that looks painful to say the least. Sorry :(

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM
It doesn't seem to be er worthy. Do like pp said and draw around it. If it gets bigger, starts to streak or gets unbearably painful head in.
gee18
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:23 AM

looks like an ant bite but the way youbdescribed as warm to the touch, the big ring, hurting inwould say bed bug ..... just a guess, i had one like that

KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:23 AM
3 moms liked this
I thought you were referring to those raggedy blinds back there....lol.

Momofmenagerie
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Yes, not an Er thing unless you feel numbness or see black instead of red, but i'd see a nurse practioner at a care clinix first thing tomorrow. draw a circle around the read ti check if the area gets bigger. but I'd go to a doc for that. If you felt something bite you, whose to say whether it was a spider or not?

Besides that, this this is on YOUR body abd he isn't a dr either, right? If it were on him, I bet he'd would have already told you to take HIM to the ER! A husband does not tell his wife if she is sick enough or injured enough for a doctor's visit. If it is you.... You know.
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Ew! I'd probably wait it out til at least tomorrow but it's certainly nasty looking! Tell your hubby to shove it.
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Oh,I am definitely not going to the hospital for this.It's just in a really uncomfortable spot (crook of arm)Whenever I bend my arm I squish it--I just noticed it seems to be draining some type of fluid (not a lot-just dripping.Sorry,tmi)

Quoting justinnaimee:

It doesn't seem to be er worthy. Do like pp said and draw around it. If it gets bigger, starts to streak or gets unbearably painful head in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN