Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Theme - What is your best memory with your kids?

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:54 AM
  • 16 Replies

What is your best memory with your kids?

Read what other moms are writing

Write your own post

View prior themes

Feel free to post your response here, in the journals, or both!Smile

by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:01 AM
God, there are so many! I would say when they were little getting ready for bed and reading them a bedtime story.  That was our time together and very special.  Also, birthdays and of course, getting awards at school, proms, their high school graduations.  You feel such a sense of pride!  When my son graduated from boot camp when he was in the Air Force was a very special time for me also!  I was so proud of him.  His dad even cried!!! 
by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:14 AM
My favorite memory with my 6 yr old daughter was when she won The Grampa Ed Reading award. She was 1 of 2 people in her entire school to get it. I was bursting with pride.

Every day we make new favorite memories with my kids.Too many to list here :)
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:50 PM
My  best memory with my boys it when I brought Brodey home from the hospital. When my mom brought my oldest Josiah (at the time 15 months old) to the hospital to see my and Brodey he didnt want to have anything to do with me or the baby. And then the next day when we got hom my mom was holding Brodey and Josiah climbed up in her lab and was touching brodey and he looked up at me mom and say MY BUBBA. I cried it was amazing and he has loved him since. Everytime Brodey cries Josiah tries to comfort him and get him to stop crying. I was so worried when i first found out I was pregnant with Brodey that Josiah woudlnt like him cause he was going to be so young. But they are great.
by on May. 7, 2007 at 4:01 PM
As many others have said, there are so many...................most recently though would be our last family get together before my mom died.  My sister was even there.   Knowing that was the last time we would all be together (because my oldest son and family were moving to MO and my sister lives in FL), well I just took every moment, moment by moment.  It was only a few weeks after that my mom died so those moments are even more special.
by on May. 7, 2007 at 4:24 PM
Wow this is a hard one. I have soooo many good  memories . They are all older and sometimes we just sit and recall the fun times. It's funny my daughter Megan and I were just talking about this and she had said she used to love Friday nights. On friday nights we never made any plans. We always went to the movie store and rented 2 movies, odered a pizza, and sat in the living room as a family and ate and watched movies. We never answered the phone or nothing like that. It was all about the kids and family time. It was the only time that we allowed are kids to eat in the living room and watch tv at the same time. Those were such gooood times!!!
by on May. 7, 2007 at 4:30 PM
I have a lot of memories, but I think one that really stands out is the feeling that I get when my youngest puts her little hand in mine whenever we go somewhere.  I also think on of my best memories is when my kids learned to say "I love you, mom".
by on May. 7, 2007 at 4:33 PM
my girls came out to vegas for the summer and we went to the strip walking  and took pictures and had lunch. I had fun just being with them.
by on May. 7, 2007 at 5:10 PM
My best time with Beau is every day when he wakes up in the morning or from a nap, he always has this huge smile on his face standing in his crib waiting for me. I always play with him before we go downstairs. He is just so fun and sweet.
by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:37 PM
Wow - how do you pick one?  I'd have to say one of my best memories was a trip we took to Florida.  My daughter was 3 and my son was 15.  We had an early flight out that morning and things started going wrong from the minute we woke up.  Nothing major - just a bunch of little irritating things.  My husband was a real clown and he would make a joke out of everything.  We laughed all the way to Florida, the whole time we were there and all the way home.  We took a lot of family vacations but that was definitely one for the books!!  There are so many others too.  I could write a book.
by on May. 7, 2007 at 9:07 PM

I would have to say I don't have a favorite. I love every moment with my kids. And everyday I am still making more memories. Right at this moment, we had such beautiful weather today that we ate dinner at the picnic table out back. It was just pizza but it was fun. Just the simple things are really cool to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)