Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...(wk of 5/7)

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:57 AM
  • 372 Replies
Hi!
My name is Robin. I live in NJ with my husband and 3 kids (ages 5yrs, 3yrs and 9 months old). I enjoy meeting new friends at CafeMom and would like to extend a warm welcome to everyone.

If you're new to CafeMom, check out the
Getting Started and Making Friends at CafeMom post.

Say hi to the other newcomers and send out some friend invitations, too!Smile

If you like to chat, stop the newcomers group
Chatterbox to see if anyone's chatting.  Feel free to post here asking people to meet you for a chat.  You need to refresh the screen to see the new messages in the chatterbox.

I hope you'll introduce yourself...

(I started this new thread for introductions since the other one was getting so long. Feel free to introduce yourself again since there are so many new Moms here...)
by on May. 7, 2007 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anetrnlov
by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:03 AM
Hey everyone!  My name is Chasa and I am from West Virginia.  I am married to my best friend of 12 years. I have two little boys, ages 4 and 15 months.  I am due in September with our third child, a little girl. 

I am a licensed practical nurse and I am working on my Bachelor's Degree in nursing.  Currently, however, I am working from home through a company called Moms Execs.  I am also in the process of starting my own candle company. 

When I am not working or taking care of kids and home I enjoy listening to music, gardening, cooking, and reading.

tcaxmommy
by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:09 AM
Hi, my name is Cassie. I am currently a SAHM of 4 boys: Taylor 7, Cameron 6, Aidan 2 1/2, and Xander 1 1/2. I live in St. Pete FL, and have been married for 9yrs to my best friend from high school, you could say we have been through alot in 16yrs of being with each other WOW.

Im totally that mom that volunteers for everything and home looks like a tornado of books and toys cause she just couldnt get to it because of something or other to do lol.

I love this website I have met alot of great people and got some really great advice.

Cassie
tynickmom
by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:19 AM
Hi!  My name is Amy.  I live in Western New York with my husband of three years, my son Tyler, age 7 (from a previous relationship) and our son Nicky, almost 4 months.  I was a full time working mom until Nicky was born, and then my husband and I decided it would be best for me to stay home for a while, so I am currently a SAHM!!  it's a lot tougher than I thought it would be, and I feel like I have more to do now then I did when I was working!!
I am really enjoying this site so far!  It is so nice to meet moms who are in the same situation as me, and I have received some really good advice and tips too!
lehuaf
by on May. 7, 2007 at 8:42 AM

Hi there, my name is Lehua and I am a 24 year old busy momma to 4 wonderful boys under the age of 4. They are a handful, but my husband and them are my world and I love every minute with them. My boys are: Chance turns 4 on May 24, Chase is 2 1/2, my identical twin boys are Tyler and Tyson 17 months on May 10th. I am currently a sahm, but will be starting online courses for child development starting in August. I want to be a preschool teacher. I love cafemom, because it gives me a chance to talk to people I can relate to.Kiss

lewisam
by on May. 7, 2007 at 9:00 AM
Hello- I live in Eastern Pa, I am a mom to a very active 7mth old- Chase, a crazy 2 yt old- Gavin, and a future step-mom to an 8 yr old sports fan- Dylan.  I am currently a SAHM, but am actively looking for a paying job.  I am glad the weather is warmer here- they boys LOVE being outside!!!(and my house stays cleaner- hehe).  I am enjoying everyones advice- THANKS GIRLS.  When I have time to my self- I enjoy reading, and I also enjoy cooking- I HATE LAUNDRY!!
KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2007 at 9:07 AM
Hello everyone! My name is Kim. I am in Famington, MN now with my husband and newest addition to our little family Shaw (5 weeks old). We are an Army family (and very proud of it!) so we do move around alot.
So far I have really enjoyed this site and getting to know you ladies! I hope to make some good friends and learn from you all!
Take care,
 Kimberly
CLELIA
by on May. 7, 2007 at 9:07 AM
Dear Chasa,
   Do you find it hard to do schooling, and raise your kids, or do you have some sort of program for that?
mommykristal
by on May. 7, 2007 at 9:07 AM

My name is Kristal. I live in Texas with my husband and 2 children. I've been married for almost 3 years and am a stay at home mommy!
good morning to all, and I hope to meet you soon:)

Tiffany3870
by on May. 7, 2007 at 9:10 AM
Hi! I'm Tiffany & I'm 23 yrs old, and currently we live in South Carolina. My hubby's a Marine, so we haven't been here long. We were both raised in TN  and then he joined and we were sent to Hawaii (don't be jealous.. it's not all it's cracked up to be LoL). We've been in SC about 7 months, so still very new.

I have one little man. Landon & he's nearly 6 months old. I'm loving every minute of having him. We decided we wanted a family when dh returned from Afghanistan, so he's my little post-war miracle :o)

I'm not good at this, so I'll end there LoL
staisha02
by on May. 7, 2007 at 9:56 AM

Hi.  My name is Stacy.  I am a 22, almost 23 year old single mother of an AMAZING 2 year old boy.  My son, Eshiaya (E-shy-a) is my whole world.  I also work as a Legal Secretary, and am currently working on obtaining my Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice, I will graduate in May of 2008.  I live in Syracuse, NY.  It's not easy being a single mom, I noticed that most of the people on here are married, so I am not sure if this is the right site 4 me.  I don't know.  But there's my introduction.  I hope I can get to know most of you personally and possibly form some GREAT friendships.

~StacySmile

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)