Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone travel by plane lately? Can I bring **piog

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:20 PM
  • 24 Replies

food, I purchased before going to the airport, in my carry on bag? I need to bring my vegan protein bars from MI to FL and I would prefer to carry them on so they don't melt in my checked luggage. I've read yes I can and I've read no I can't, ugh. Flying Delta.

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I think they will be ok since not liquid and i am presuming prepackaged with no seals broken.  Call the airline specifically or the airport which you will be flying out of.   I was told no toothpaste but it went through fine the check point.

tinkerxbell
by danger will robinson on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:46 PM

you can bring food as long as it's in a wrapper or bag.. I brought goldfish crackers for DS in a ziplock bag and no one said anything to me. I also flew delta.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Thank you!

Quoting frndlyfn:

I think they will be ok since not liquid and i am presuming prepackaged with no seals broken.  Call the airline specifically or the airport which you will be flying out of.   I was told no toothpaste but it went through fine the check point.

JudesAwsomeMom
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Bump! I haven't flown in 12 years!
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Thank you!

Quoting tinkerxbell:

you can bring food as long as it's in a wrapper or bag.. I brought goldfish crackers for DS in a ziplock bag and no one said anything to me. I also flew delta.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Thanks =)

Quoting JudesAwsomeMom:

Bump! I haven't flown in 12 years!

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Yes you can. I flew in June. As long as it is wrapped in plastic (or whatever wrapper you buy it in) and it's not in liquid, you're good.
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Thanks alot! =)

Quoting MommySwiggles:

Yes you can. I flew in June. As long as it is wrapped in plastic (or whatever wrapper you buy it in) and it's not in liquid, you're good.

TableforSeven
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, you can.  We packed a lot of granola bars in our carry-ons on our recent flight....we had no problems with security or customs.

alli1204
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this
As long as its not liquid you'll be ok!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)