Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

He's the reason I have no money!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM
  • 30 Replies
DS came out this morning, for the secind day in a row, in a pair of jeans that were to small. So I had him try on all of his pants.

He now has 3 pair and 1 of them is dress pants! Grrrr! My 9 yr old wears a size 14 pant 100% now. He just won't stop growing!!! Lol.

He now gives hand me downs to his 12 and 14 yr old cousins instead of the other way around!

Sorry for the vent I'm just exasperated! Anyone else facing this problem?
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chalisa0
by Kim on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:39 AM

LOL.  Just wait.  Once puberty hits, they grow so fast you can't keep up (imagine buying all new clothes every few months, and that's with buying jeans that are 6 inches too long.)  And then they're wearing adult (or juniors) sizes which are way more expensive than kid sizes.   

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:44 AM

oh sounds familiar... my boys are still small (6,3) but they still go through pants like wild fire... I just up graded both of themand to make it even more fun the older one can't even pass hand me downs to the younger...because he wears the knees out of them even faster than he out grows them.

dommad2
by Tamara on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM
I hear you! He can wear men's s&m shirts and has a 29" waist! He also wears a size 7 men's shoe. I'm at the point that other than his shoes, socks, and underclothes everything comes from goodwill because it doesn't lift long enough to justify more than an outfit or two brand new.

Quoting chalisa0:

LOL.  Just wait.  Once puberty hits, they grow so fast you can't keep up (imagine buying all new clothes every few months, and that's with buying jeans that are 6 inches too long.)  And then they're wearing adult (or juniors) sizes which are way more expensive than kid sizes.   

dommad2
by Tamara on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Yeah my little one is a girl so that doesn't work for us either. My wallet is just grateful she's so tiny!!

Quoting ditsyjo:

oh sounds familiar... my boys are still small (6,3) but they still go through pants like wild fire... I just up graded both of themand to make it even more fun the older one can't even pass hand me downs to the younger...because he wears the knees out of them even faster than he out grows them.

RADmomma
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM
My daughter is only 6 but is growing like a weed. I just went through her clothes & like you she is left with maybe 3 pairs of pants that fit. It's crazy!
dommad2
by Tamara on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:59 AM
That's funny, my 6 yr old DD finally wears a 4t-5t. Lol

Quoting RADmomma:

My daughter is only 6 but is growing like a weed. I just went through her clothes & like you she is left with maybe 3 pairs of pants that fit. It's crazy!
RADmomma
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:23 PM
My dd wears girls small/medium pants for length but the waist is huge & medium shirts for length too

Quoting dommad2:

Quoting RADmomma:

RADmomma
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:23 PM
My dd wears girls small/medium pants for length but the waist is huge & medium shirts for length too

Quoting dommad2:

Quoting RADmomma:

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Quoting dommad2:

Yeah my little one is a girl so that doesn't work for us either. My wallet is just grateful she's so tiny!!

Quoting ditsyjo:

yeah... my oldest is a girl she's tiny too. kids are hard on the wallets that's for sure.
eellison
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:24 PM

My oldest daughter who is 8 is growing like a weed.  Not only is it impossible to keep the cupboards stocked for very long, but she also grows out of her clothes very quickly.  I learned to buy jeans with the adjustable waistband with a length that is a little too long for her.  If I have to tack the hem up, then so be it.  I can always take it out when she decides to have a growth spurt. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN