Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

He's the reason I have no money!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post
DS came out this morning, for the secind day in a row, in a pair of jeans that were to small. So I had him try on all of his pants.

He now has 3 pair and 1 of them is dress pants! Grrrr! My 9 yr old wears a size 14 pant 100% now. He just won't stop growing!!! Lol.

He now gives hand me downs to his 12 and 14 yr old cousins instead of the other way around!

Sorry for the vent I'm just exasperated! Anyone else facing this problem?
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Replies (11-20):
tyrelsmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:46 PM
My oldest is pretty similar. He has 2 pair of pants that fit him. Good thing it's summer. Shorts it is, lol. We'll see what size pants we get him in a couple months.
Imjustinsmommy
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:48 PM

lol, nope my boys are 5 & 18 months  & ALMOST wear the same size bc my ds1 is small LOL the little guy is catching up.. my ds1 weight like 32 lbs my ds2 weighs almost 22 LOL 3 1/2 yrs apart! thank god we get loads of hand me downs though we rarely buy anything for them clothes wise..

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:16 AM

My dd gets passed down to from 2 people so we rarely have to buy her clothes other than uniforms for school. Ds has no one to pass to him so his clothes come from birthday and Christmas gifts, the thrift store and ebay. He just had a big growth spurt so I found some great deals on eBay for him. 

annavicki
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:43 AM

My oldest has always been pretty tall    We used to have to buy him pants a few times a year.  Hes 23 now and probably still growing    

cindim1963
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:01 PM

He hit a growth spurt, huh?  When I would get jeans and shirts for my boy, my MIL gave me and hint and I would get a couple of pairs in the next size up that way I would have a least a couple of pairs to get me through until I could stock up of the size he needed.

Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:39 PM

My gs goes through clothes like that.  The shorts he wears this summer won't fit him next year.  Every year we have to buy him new clothes..........he outgrows them so fast and it's not because he's getting fat......

dommad2
by Tamara on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this
That's what I do, it seems like his whole life is a growth spurt lol! I have a bin that has 3 or so in each size up to 18 so he doesn't wind up naked overnight! Lol

Quoting cindim1963:

He hit a growth spurt, huh?  When I would get jeans and shirts for my boy, my MIL gave me and hint and I would get a couple of pairs in the next size up that way I would have a least a couple of pairs to get me through until I could stock up of the size he needed.

dommad2
by Tamara on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Exactly, he's 4'10" at 9 yrs old. He's projected between 6'4" and 6'6"

Quoting Texascandee:

My gs goes through clothes like that.  The shorts he wears this summer won't fit him next year.  Every year we have to buy him new clothes..........he outgrows them so fast and it's not because he's getting fat......

MotherLady
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:39 PM
I have to shop for my son every July/August, October, December, march and May.

He out grows things so quickly!
mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Chop him off at the knees. I buy my kids clothes two sizes to big. My daughter has a big butt so she will out grow pants in the but before any where else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN