Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you see this as stealing?

Posted by   + Show Post
My brother was homeless and on the streets using drugs at the beginning of this month. He called me one day and told me he was getting clean and needed a place to stay. I told him he could stay in my sun room and only be inside while I am here. Well he got a new job and he got his first paycheck Friday. He did not come back to my house again till Sunday. Sunday he came to me and said he had deposited all his paycheck in a new bank account and because he didnt have a card he could not get money out till Monday. He wanted to borrow $40 to get his phone turned back on. I let him borrow it. I told him I wanted it back monday. Well Sunday night he did not come in and his phone was still disconnected. Monday/yesterday he asked if he could stay here. I told him sure as long as he had the $40. He gave me $40 and I layed it on the counter. He knocked on the door at 7am and asked if he could take a shower. I let him. Well I dozed on the couch. When I got up for the day the $40 is gone. My husband says he didnt touch it, and he dont rememer seeing it. the only other person in this house is my 3 year old. I of course can't get a hold of my brother because his phone is disconnected. Do you view this as stealing?
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
Tipsen
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Idk but the phone company he uses, cricket, advertises $40 all the time

Quoting Bmat:

Yes, sadly, stealing.  Isn't $40 the standard drug cost or something like this.

Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:43 PM
This

Quoting BeccaJoy622:

Definitely stealing. He doesn't sound clean to me :/
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:36 PM

http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/substnce/crack.htm

I sincerely hope the phone is what it is for. I just remembered from some TV show a while back the father knew his daughter was still on drugs because she asked for $40 for something and he said he knew that this was the standard cost for some drug.

Quoting Tipsen:

Idk but the phone company he uses, cricket, advertises $40 all the time

Quoting Bmat:

Yes, sadly, stealing.  Isn't $40 the standard drug cost or something like this.

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes but you shouldn't leave temptation around a struggling person
Tipsen
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:53 PM
So it is my fault?

Quoting NDADanceMom:

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Its like leaving your open purse in your cart and dashing 2 isles over to get something. Though its criminal to steal your wallet, you can take precautions to prevent it.
Leaving cash out around a drug addict isn't going to end well. Is it so hard to keep it out of sight? If you find it to be a hassle then don't let him in the house.

Quoting Tipsen:

So it is my fault?

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Kitschy
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:06 PM

of course it is

RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:11 PM

it is stealing and this just appears to working the opposite of how it should if he were were in fact getting clean.

im sorry that the money came up missing.

hugs

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Yes, but considering you are dealing with a druggie I'm going to have to say I don't find it shocking. (Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
T-HoneyLuv
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:20 PM
I wouldn't have an addict living in my house or around my family/kid. He probably stole it but like another person said its not shocking considering he is a junkie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)