Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you see this as stealing?

Posted by   + Show Post
My brother was homeless and on the streets using drugs at the beginning of this month. He called me one day and told me he was getting clean and needed a place to stay. I told him he could stay in my sun room and only be inside while I am here. Well he got a new job and he got his first paycheck Friday. He did not come back to my house again till Sunday. Sunday he came to me and said he had deposited all his paycheck in a new bank account and because he didnt have a card he could not get money out till Monday. He wanted to borrow $40 to get his phone turned back on. I let him borrow it. I told him I wanted it back monday. Well Sunday night he did not come in and his phone was still disconnected. Monday/yesterday he asked if he could stay here. I told him sure as long as he had the $40. He gave me $40 and I layed it on the counter. He knocked on the door at 7am and asked if he could take a shower. I let him. Well I dozed on the couch. When I got up for the day the $40 is gone. My husband says he didnt touch it, and he dont rememer seeing it. the only other person in this house is my 3 year old. I of course can't get a hold of my brother because his phone is disconnected. Do you view this as stealing?
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Replies (41-50):
LuvingMy3Girls
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:16 AM
I just want to say to you don't discount people I was a meth user for over 10 years and have been off for 14 years with no professional help. I know lots of people with the same story actually. People who Truly want to change can
And do As far as the OP
Goes I do think your right he took it its stealing and he I'd likely still using

Quoting FRUITY367:

For starters, he's not clean and can't be without professional help. And second for as long as he's not clean, we both know, you and me, who took the 40 dollars and its use. So, just giving him a place to stay was not enough and not good. It should have come with conditions, the first one being he goes for counseling and that you monitor it. Just him saying he's going to be clean won't make him clean. He needs your tough love to get clean. Then we can talk about 'disappearing' monies, if there still will be!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B.Conley75
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I would definitely consider he done it cuz he was pretty much only one there, kinda observe and c if he provides any proof of new things or anything

Desertbeauty
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Absolutely is stealing. Taking something that's not yours and not asking to take it.

Desertbeauty
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Is anyone plagued all too often with heartache?

witchybabymomma
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:20 AM

If he took it yes, but I also have a 3 yr old and he is really good at grabbing and hiding things I thought there was no way he could get to.

Luv_my_hubby
by Nikki on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:33 PM

My DS has struggled with drugs and is now clean but I can tell you from experience that if he is staying away and not having money. Then he is probably still using. I would consider it stealing if he took back the money he had already given you. I'm sure your brother will have a creative story for the missing money most addicts do.

SylviaNCali
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Yes it's stealing. When you take something that belongs to someone else w/o asking them if it's OK first, it's stealing.

MrsL8n
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Yes.
averysmommom
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:52 AM

I definitely don't think he's actually getting clean. That's the behavior of a dope head. I see it as stealing. He owed it to you and gave it to you therefore him taking it was stealing from u

copasetic1
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:03 AM

Yes, it's stealilng. It was your money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN