Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ultrasound at 6 1/2 weeks NO BABY

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:27 PM
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this

I went in for an ultrasound at 6 weeks 4 days and all the doctor saw was the gestational sac. She explaned that she has had patients that did not see their baby, went in a week later and saw the baby with a heartbeat. She also said that there is a possibility it is a blighted ovum. Have any of you went in for an ultrasound didn't see your baby but saw him or her at a later date? I have not had any bleeding or any symptoms of a miscarriage and the one symptom of pregnancy I do have is really sore sensitive breast. This is my second child, my first is a happy healthy 3 year old. 

by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma2b2008
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:28 PM
2 moms liked this
This is why most ob's don't do u/s this early!
Starshine-bela
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:28 PM
I have heard of that happening, not to me personally, but a friend
coupon_ash_back
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:29 PM
I went and they found no heartbeat,tried a few weeks later saw baby and heard heartbeat.
Jenna_
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Quoting momma2b2008:

This is why most ob's don't do u/s this early!

I had to get one done because my first pregnancy was high risk. I had ITP and had to get platelet transfusions my whole pregnancy so they want to keep a close eye on me to make sure my levels are where they're supposed to be and make sure the baby is ok. I agree that it is too soon but I have read some people say they saw their baby at 6 weeks with a heartbeat.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:32 PM

It didn't happen to me, but it is normal from what I have heard and read.  It may just be too early. None of my ob doctors when I was pregnant with my kids would do one until 8 weeks. The only exception was when I had an early miscarriage at about 6 weeks and he did that to make sure there was no retained matter. There wasn't even a gestational sac,so I would think having one is a GOOD sign.  Good luck and try not to worry. Whatever you do, do not turn to doctor google, he is a mean one like Mr. Grinch.  

Jenna_
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:35 PM

With my first daughter before my complications the doctor first checked me at 8 weeks and there was a baby and the heartbeat. So I'm  thinking it probably is just too soon. Unfortunately I did google it and it freaked me out! There were a lot of people that said they saw their baby at 6 weeks so it made me worry. I am definitely staying off google! lol

Quoting Thelmama:

It didn't happen to me, but it is normal from what I have heard and read.  It may just be too early. None of my ob doctors when I was pregnant with my kids would do one until 8 weeks. The only exception was when I had an early miscarriage at about 6 weeks and he did that to make sure there was no retained matter. There wasn't even a gestational sac,so I would think having one is a GOOD sign.  Good luck and try not to worry. Whatever you do, do not turn to doctor google, he is a mean one like Mr. Grinch.  

LitNut
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I went in two days before I was six weeks and there was nothing. They had me come back in two weeks and everything looked fine. 

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Good, hang in there.  Fire doctor google. I have been panicked by dr google in the past. LOL. Hugs and good luck.

Quoting Jenna_:

With my first daughter before my complications the doctor first checked me at 8 weeks and there was a baby and the heartbeat. So I'm  thinking it probably is just too soon. Unfortunately I did google it and it freaked me out! There were a lot of people that said they saw their baby at 6 weeks so it made me worry. I am definitely staying off google! lol

Quoting Thelmama:

Jenna_
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:38 PM

That's awesome! I'm glad everything worked out :) I'm going to definitely keep my fingers crossed.

Quoting LitNut:

I went in two days before I was six weeks and there was nothing. They had me come back in two weeks and everything looked fine. 

mom4awesomekids
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:38 PM
I had that at about 9 1/2 weeks....because I started heavily bleeding. It was a blighted ovum. But I knew it was a miscarriage due to all of the bleeding.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN