Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Profanity in public: Do you find it rude or overlook the use?

Posted by   + Show Post

Out for dinner, movie, grocery.........wherever you may here the bad words, does it offend you? Do you correct the person or ignore what they said? Do you cuss in public or refrane the use of it?

Just curious.

by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I try not to cuss at all because I find it is crude and shows a distinct lack of creativity. so yes I find it rude to hear others use it in public... but unless it is some one I know very well I won't say anything.

Roxanne92
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:19 PM
I won't say anything,but it depends on the words being used, and if people are swearing at their kids there is a time and places not to be be used
eellison
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I was grocery shopping and I ran into a friend while at the store.  She decided to walk around with me and talk and everyother word out of her mouth was the f word.  I was so embarrassed.  I am not saying I am a saint, but come on.  Have some class and save the foul words for places and situations that won't offend everyone around you.

babie113
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:22 PM

its rude but in sertain situations i will ignore it .like when shomething shocking happens and someone says "oh shit " yeah il ignore it then .though i admit i do swear when in those situations .its a habbit and i dont even think about it till after

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Horribly rude. If they are teens i tell them to watch their mouth around the kids, I never swear EVER. IF you don't think it you won't say it. If you swear a lot it just means you are too stupid to think up other words to use.,

BeccaJoy622
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I think it's rude, but at the same time am guilty of it. Everyone in my office knows to watch it when my daughter is around, but at the same time she's no stranger to it either. I'd just *prefer* it don't happen!
KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Trashy, rude, and disrespectful.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:51 AM

I ignore if the conversaton does not pertain to me.  Many have apologized when they notice dd is with us in a parking lot.  She has been known to scold random people for using bad words.

CinnamonBunns84
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:32 AM
Usually people without class do it. If you wont do it in front of your parents (referring to grown folks to) why would you do it in front of someone else's parents? Or kids.? Wait till you are in a secluded place with your friends and whoever and curse away.
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:40 AM
I think it's trashy, but I'd never correct another adult. If I hear a child speaking that way, I usually ask them where their mother is. That typically embarrasses them enough that they apologize.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN