Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Profanity in public: Do you find it rude or overlook the use?

Posted by   + Show Post

Out for dinner, movie, grocery.........wherever you may here the bad words, does it offend you? Do you correct the person or ignore what they said? Do you cuss in public or refrane the use of it?

Just curious.

by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Replies (31-40):
JTROX
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM

It disgusts me that people disregard those around them, especially if there are children present.  

TRASHY and LOW CLASS

Arwyn724
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Completely rude, shows a lack of manners and restraint.  There is no need for profanity in conversations that take place in public.  Show some class.  And young people who use 'grown-up' words to impress make themselves sound very uneducated.

Lovingmommy1028
by Vanessa on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:35 AM

i think it is rude when some people curse in public but you can't really do nothing about it i just ignore it as much as i can but if it is some1 i now then yes i might correct them but besides that i ignore that 

A_McCool
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I don't really notice what other people do in public.  I'm usually too involved with what I'm doing.

dreamarrow
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Does anyone actually listen to you? I'm just trying to imagine a group of teens apologizing to some random woman. At that age I would've told you to f*** off lol.

Quoting Sassy762:

It happens BUT if it happens when I have my kids/grandkids with me...I will say something like.."Excuse me.....there are children present, watch your language"

Now if its a group of teens....I scold them until they apologize, lol

sjackson310
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I have a cussing problem. I typically only cuss around my parents, close friends, and my boyfriend. I drop all kinds of "bombs" regularly (except cunt, I don't like how that one sounds). I try my best not to cuss in front of children or older women though. Sometimes I don't even recognize that I have cussed. For some reason, my boyfriend and I cuss regularly when we're together out in public. I just love cussing because sometimes, a good ole' FUCK is the most appropriate word. I am college educated & a registered nurse if that matters. (NO I do not cuss in front of my patients but I have slipped up with "hell" and "shit" on accident a handful of times, then apologize).

Stephielove
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

When I'm around kids, I don't cuss. When I'm with my friends and they is NO kids around, I cuss like a salor. lol.

AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't care how people talk in public. As long as they aren't cursing me out then I couldn't care less what type of language they use.

ZanGabeAlyJo
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I don't think about it or notice it. I'm sure I've said a couple in public before as I am sure everyone has at least once. I don't go around dropting F bombs and every other word isn't a cuss word, but Whatever.

I also don't worry about my kids hearing that kind of language. They are aware of the fact that there are words they can not say. And know what words those are.
Saloria
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:09 PM

It doesn't bother me unless it is in the work place or around children. I tend to cuss a little too much when I am at home! It is weird because I don't notice I am doing it until I catch myself or my brother says something to me. But when I am out in public or at work/school I don't cuss. It is weird! It is as if my brain already filters it for me lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)