Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Profanity in public: Do you find it rude or overlook the use?

Posted by   + Show Post

Out for dinner, movie, grocery.........wherever you may here the bad words, does it offend you? Do you correct the person or ignore what they said? Do you cuss in public or refrane the use of it?

Just curious.

by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Replies (41-50):
ZanGabeAlyJo
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Haha me too! If my friends and I are at a bar and have a couple drinks, my stories get quite animated lol. I'm not loud about it, but Yeah.... definitely talk different then lol

Quoting Stephielove:

When I'm around kids, I don't cuss. When I'm with my friends and they is NO kids around, I cuss like a salor. lol.

cindim1963
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I don't use it in public, but when I am in the house I have a little bit looser lips.  Not much looser, though. I will NOT curse in front of my mother, just out of respect.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I think it's rude to curse in public and I don't do it

aritoyh
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't pay enough attention to other people's conversations to notice. I don't care when I do hear it. People can say what they like and if I don't like it I can move on. 

alexis_06
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:55 PM

doesnt bother me...i do swear...but not when there are lil kids around..

rhiannonaisling
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I find it rude and ignore it for the most part. I try not to curse in public. However, if I am with my autistic son if it is very prolific I may comment because he has some echolalia (repeats things he hears with little or no understanding of meaning) and he really seems to like the sound of cursewords so will repeat them incessantly.

trainlady
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I don't cuss in public and never at home when children are there. I don't correct people in public because that is dangerous. You might get your nose knocked off. I ignore it to a point. If I can get away from the person that is doing it I will. I think it is not only rude but uneducated, I notice that television is getting more and more into swear words during family hours. Even some of the child actors are using bad words. I'm no prude but that is definitely wrong. And basically what are the swear words doing for them? It doesn't solve the problem.

Texasladybug84
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I usually don't, if I do it's cause I'm def not paying attention
B.Blake
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I find it extremely inconsiderate especially when my son is with me or I see the woman/man has their child with them, or even more so when they are talking to them with that kind of language. On more than one occasion I have told a parent using fowl language in public that if they use that kind of language around/directed to their children that is their issue but don't tarnish my son's mind with that language.

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I don't swear much. I have talked to our children about the words, what they mean and why we don't use them. I have witnessed them confront friends and ask if they knew what they are really saying and pointing out how inappropriate the word is, or that it makes others uncomfortable.
their friends don't swear around them.

yes I find it rude, but I am not going to confront someone unless it if completely over the top and I can't leave
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN