Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my husband is too attatched to me...

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 21 Replies

So I am the luckiest girl EVER, that my husband wants to be with me and the kids every second. I get that this is a HUGE problem for most moms and marriages etc. I am a bit worried that he is too attatched though. In the way that he feels almost desperate to be with me, as if I'm not always with him. I am a busy mom, but I just think he is a little insecure and needs me to "make him happy" and that worries me a bit. I want him to be more emotionally stable and be happy because he chooses too, not because how I am or am not acting is the reason he acts how he does. :/ does this make sense. He sorta has a temper but blames me for it. I am super non emotional for a girl, I cry like 2 times a year and he is up and down and all over every day. We are complete opposites this way. It's infuriating and probably kinda confusing for the kids. :/ I'm a bit frustrated today with it all.

by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bettyboop588
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Maybe encourage a friendship with another male?  How is his relationship with his dad?  Does he have any brothers?  Sounds like had needs a little bit of beer and boy time.  He needs to go out with some guys in my opinion.  

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM

not sure how to advise you... guys can get clingy just like girls can. if you are not the emotional type he probably balances you so i don't think it will confuse the kids... my husband it often more emotional than I am too. that said... you both probably need some space and seperate interests.

Imjustinsmommy
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:06 AM

sounds like he doenst have much else in his life to fall  back on.. hows his relationship with his family? any friends? hobbies? i understand.. it feels less of " he loves me" and more of " he nEEDS me".. I think u need a sit down..  w/o being upset with him.. he obviously needs something he is lacking somewhere.. maybe find out whats up?

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:17 AM

he calls his parents EVERYDAY someimtes more then once. :/  He never likes anyone and doesn't make friends easily. {go figure} I have a lot that I am doing, I have business's and just became mrs. U.S. {ambassador} for crying out loud.  He never self improves and just is kinda a negative guy all together

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I would suggest some serious counseling to find out where this is coming from and how to fix it.  It sounds like horrible insecurity stemming from childhood and his parents are enabling it by allowing so many calls in a month.  Others may find this behavior too much to deal with until they get to know the rest of him.

Sunshine257
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:05 AM
I guess guys can be co dependent too. I don't know.

Quoting strawberryLVR:he calls his parents EVERYDAY someimtes more then once. :/  He never likes anyone and doesn't make friends easily. {go figure} I have a lot that I am doing, I have business's and just became mrs. U.S. {ambassador} for crying out loud.  He never self improves and just is kinda a negative guy all together
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:51 AM
That's how my ex was. The boy *we were 17* LOVED me. Absolutely adored me. He would say 20 different sweet pet names for me before he would say anything to me. He would do anything for me. He was such a nice guy. Yep, I loved him very much too. He was my first love and all that.

His parents loved me too. Until one day his dad flipped out and told me to never contact my boyfriend again, that I was too good for him. Sucked because I lived with them. My mom had kicked me out when I was 16.

That was my biggest regret for the longest time. That I didn't fight hard enough to keep my boyfriend.

Ugh...memories, lol.
KellyNips
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this

your husband is abusing you -- you probably don't want to hear this and especially don't want to admit it to yourself, but the facts are there -- he is emotionally abusing you -- it will only be a matter of time before the abuse escalates.  you need to determine whether or not you want to remain in this very unhealthy relationship.  i can't say it enough -- ABUSE, plain and simple.  it may sound far fetched now, but any therapist/counselor will tell you right off that you are being abused.  the choice is yours -- do you love your children enough to stay in this unhealthy environment.

Coffee43
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Wow most women complain that their hubby doesn't spend enough time with them...does he work? Also he's prob made you and the kids his whole world .try doing things like hanging out with other couples he may find a guy friend that he can hang out with.it seems like you are the go getter in the family ...you rule the roost.

jenniferv27
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this
As far as abuse...well maybe to a point.He honestly does need to talk to someone because this can turn into something a whole lot more major. Eventually he is going to become extremely controlling. I've seen it a million times. This is a part of what I went to school for. Good luck hunny.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN