Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Her maid?! Are you serious?? **ETA**

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:18 AM
  • 115 Replies
1 mom liked this
My friend told me today that my wife (yes, I'm a lesbian, not a creeper guy) treats me like her maid. Why? Because I cook, clean, do laundry, and iron OUR uniforms? I cook because we have children and we all like to eat, I clean because I'm not a dirt ball, I do laundry because we like to have clean clothes and I iron because our uniforms have to look good or our Lt will have our asses. My wife appreciates everything I do. She does stuff too. If something breaks, she fixes it. She washes our cars, she does our lawn and we have a huge yard, she grills, she bathes the dog and takes very good care of our girls and me. So how am I her maid? Because I make her plate and bring it to her? Because I rub her shoulders after a hard days work? Or wait! Maybe because I make her lunch everyday for work (while making mine as well)! Do any of you mother's do these everyday things for your family? Do you get ragged on and called a maid? I'm really aggravated over this. Its not the first time I've been called this. Ughhh! OK. Rant over! Lol
**ETA**
I wasn't trying to turn this into an LGBT matter. But the more comments I get referring my rant to heterosexual vs homosexual I'm beginning to wonder. Lol. I only stated I was a lesbian because a lot of people ask if I'm a guy when I refer to having a wife! :) Thank you Momma's for all the nice comments!
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SissyAnn141
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Have you told her, what was said and who said it ???????                  

Elizabeth1131
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:24 AM

If you are happy then dont let it bother you ....u know what works for you and your family! :)

Schauseil
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Its because you are a lesbian. In hetro couples its called being a good wife. But because you are doing those things for a female and not a male, it is looked at differently. Not that I agree with it though.
SissyAnn141
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Quoting Elizabeth1131:

If you are happy then dont let it bother you ....u know what works for you and your family! :)

I agree...exactly ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:30 AM
I do all that and more.

But I'm a submissive wife and a sahm.

I've never heard any negative comments, though.

Water off a duck's back, my friend.

If it works for your family, who cares what they think?

Haters gonna hate.
OklahomaWifey
by Amanda on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Shes been around when its been said. At first we've just laughed it off. Now she gets more irritated than I do over it. She doesn't like it and she's made it known. I know I'm a good wife as she is too. I know I shouldn't let it bother me but its getting old. Really.

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Have you told her, what was said and who said it ???????                  

OklahomaWifey
by Amanda on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:00 AM
You're right. I shouldn't let it bother me. Its just getting old. It does work for us. Thanks for the comment!

Quoting Elizabeth1131:

OklahomaWifey
by Amanda on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Never thought of it like that, but not sure if I want to take like that either. But it does raise question.. ya know? And for the record I am a good wife! =D

Quoting Schauseil:

Its because you are a lesbian. In hetro couples its called being a good wife. But because you are doing those things for a female and not a male, it is looked at differently. Not that I agree with it though.
orliesmom
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Noones really ever said that specifically but some of my hubbies friends have implied that its my job to stay home and do things for him. WHATEVER! No one tells me what to do not even my hubby. Thank god he isnt picky and yes I do do everything in the world for him not because I have to but because I want to .

WLJ2316
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Fuck them. It sounds like you're a good wife and so is she.

People are dicks, it's nothing new.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)