Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

It's the little things.... ETA

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:57 AM
  • 21 Replies
So I've always been an optimist and every small good thing can outway any big bad thing in my life and make me happy again.

Today I feel a bit dorky about it but here goes:

Dh and I are FINALLY, after 11 years together, getting a matching bedroom set!! It's never been really important. I've never been bothered by the fact that we had mismatched items. I've even been content without ever having a headboard!

Now that its coming today in the other hand, I feel like a little kid at Christmas!!

Do any of you have stories of the really little things that have just made you soooo happy?

ETA: I added the first 2 pics. Got these all cleaned up now just need dh to bring home the rest and get it scrubbed down!
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dommad2
by Tamara on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Bump
RADmomma
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!!

It's definitely the little things that matter!!
Texasladybug84
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Lol I was excited when I got my headboard and our electric fireplace/ entertainment center. But I'm a dork too!
dommad2
by Tamara on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol my husband teases me for it but I love the fact the a funny squirrel or a really pretty flower can make my day!

I wouldn't like being grumpy!

Quoting Texasladybug84:

Lol I was excited when I got my headboard and our electric fireplace/ entertainment center. But I'm a dork too!
Arwyn724
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:38 AM

My 17 yo took me out for breakfast today for my birthday.  

dommad2
by Tamara on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww that's so sweet!!

Happy Birthday!

Quoting Arwyn724:

My 17 yo took me out for breakfast today for my birthday.  

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I completely understand what you mean. I like still getting excited over the little things in life. Were moving into our own house, which is huge and I am super excited, but oddly enough I am even more excited about a day camp (which I am working at) coming up. We prepare for months for it and I am always excited, and mildly dread it. Sometimes parents worry for no reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dingysfamily
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:51 PM

One of the little things that always make me the happiest is just hearing my dh laugh at some dumb thing I say and knowing he's laughing with me and not at me ... because I'm laughing first!

dingysfamily
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Another little thing that really makes me happy, dh making me a cup of coffee & bringing it to me on a Saturday morning in bed!

P.N._Guin
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:54 PM
CUTE POST! Congrats on your matching bedroom set. :) we got our first coffee/end table set last year, and I was over the moon!

DH is deployed right now, and it is DEFINITELY the little things that I miss the most!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)