Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How are we any different? **LGBT Related/Long/NO BASHING**

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM
  • 34 Replies
3 moms liked this

Ok, so I posted something last night, and it kind of lead into a heterosexual vs. homosexual matter. Wasn't my intentions, but one mother replied to my post simply saying "no comment". Looking at her screen name, it makes me wonder if it's because I am a lesbian and married to my female partner. So it got me thinking. The biggest argument straight people have against LGBT is that it's against God and that we are committing a sin. MOST of the time the second argument is that we won't be able to have children the "natural" way. First things first....

I am a christian. So is my wife. We are ok with God, so we are both pretty confident that when we die we will not "burn in hell" as most anti-gay folks say.

Now on to the other topic... Same sex relationships can't reproduce. Actually we can, we just need help. People say, it's unnatural, it's not meant to be, God made a woman and a man so that together they can reproduce, and my favorite, same sex parents will turn the innocent children gay and worse, molest them. Really?? How is "Us" needing assistance in getting pregnant, or having a surrogate (for the guys that obviously can't carry) any different/unnatural than a straight couple needing assistance when one CAN'T get pregnant or carry a child? How is "Us" going to the doctor to be artificially inseminated anymore unnatural than a heterosexual woman going through the same thing? How is "Us" wanting to adopt a child to give a loving home and family to any different than a heterosexual couple adopting a child? Oh, I forgot, because we will turn them gay or molest the child. Ok, saying or believing that is about as dumb as me saying a heterosexual couple can't adopt because they might turn the child sterile, or they may take away parts (uterus, ovaries) so the child is just like the adopted parent. Ridiculous, right?? Absolutely! 

Now, let me ask this: How many heterosexual couples do you know, read about, or hear about getting pregnant unplanned? Hundrends? Thousands? How many teen moms get pregnant by accident? Same, hundreds? Thousands? Now, how many homosexual couples do you know, read about, or hear about getting pregnant unplanned? Hundreds? Thousands? No. the answer is ZERO. 

We PLAN to have our children. Some couples spend THOUSANDS of dollars just to have children. Whether it's to be inseminated or adoption. I personally don't know a single LGBT person that has a child or children that PURPOSELY got pregnant so they could go on PA, housing assistance or anything else. Not saying it hasn't happened, just I don't know of anyone. I'm also NOT bashing heterosexual couples that are on any kind of assistance. I'm not on assistance, but I am a supporter of it, IF it's needed and not abused. 

This is in no way to offend anyone. I just started thinking about a previous post and I was curious if anyone had anything to say about this. 

Happy Lesbian, married to my Bestfriend =) Life can't get much better!!lesbiansgay pride ribbon

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Exactly the way I think and I'm bi and Christian.
Closet_Case
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:51 PM
If you fit with someone, then you're meant to be together. I dont care what parts you have as long as you're not in my face or an asshole about it. Much love to you and your wife.
OklahomaWifey
by Amanda on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:56 PM
You are a smart Mommy! =)

Quoting Bookoholic:

Exactly the way I think and I'm bi and Christian.
freemane
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I get really pissy about the "marriage is for reproduction" argument. I'm happily , heterosexually married and we can't "naturally" have children. Does this make our relationship wrong or our son any less important? Having said that, I'm a pagan so I suppose I'm not a very convincing argument.
OklahomaWifey
by Amanda on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Exactly. And thank you, Momma!

Quoting Closet_Case:

If you fit with someone, then you're meant to be together. I dont care what parts you have as long as you're not in my face or an asshole about it. Much love to you and your wife.
BeccaJoy622
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I support the LGBT group fully. I think it's bs that people feel y'all shouldn't have any parental or marriage rights. It's no one else's business! And if marriage is something only seen in the eyes of "god" or whatever, then the government shouldn't acknowledge ANY marriage, because of this little right called separation of church and state. I say a good parent is a good parent. End of story. I don't even want to get into the whole molestation thing. Omg, how ridiculous! I have so many arguments against that, it's not even funny. Seriously, I'm doing my best not to get worked up here. Don't let these bigots bring you down!
NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm Roman Catholic. I consider marriage a contract with the state, it has nothing to do with god to me. I have no more concern for a gay couple than a straight one. Some are healthy and some aren't. Its all just couples to me.
OklahomaWifey
by Amanda on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:04 PM
I do to. No your relationship is not wrong and having a child is NEVER unimportant! Religion is a touchy Subject and I don't force anything on anyone. In fact our 17 year old DD is interested in the Pagan religion. Just goes to show even though my DD is being raised by lesbians that are of the Christian religion, we don't force anything. Religion and certainly not trying to turn her gay! Congrats on your son. I bet he's a handsome boy! I'm sorry for your struggles and I hope if you're TTC again, it works out for you! Thanks for your comment!

Quoting freemane:

I get really pissy about the "marriage is for reproduction" argument. I'm happily , heterosexually married and we can't "naturally" have children. Does this make our relationship wrong or our son any less important? Having said that, I'm a pagan so I suppose I'm not a very convincing argument.
OklahomaWifey
by Amanda on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:15 PM
No no, honey no one brought me down. I was just asking others opinions about this situation. Another post of mine there was one that replied no comment and I guessed it was because I referred to myself as a lesbian. Her screen name led me to believe that. Lol. Anyway one thought to another snowballed into this thought. Yes, I know... too much time on my hands! I really need a release back to work! Lmao. But I love that your so passionate! Thank you!!! And for the record, I too hope one day we will talk be seen as equal!

Quoting BeccaJoy622:

I support the LGBT group fully. I think it's bs that people feel y'all shouldn't have any parental or marriage rights. It's no one else's business! And if marriage is something only seen in the eyes of "god" or whatever, then the government shouldn't acknowledge ANY marriage, because of this little right called separation of church and state. I say a good parent is a good parent. End of story. I don't even want to get into the whole molestation thing. Omg, how ridiculous! I have so many arguments against that, it's not even funny. Seriously, I'm doing my best not to get worked up here. Don't let these bigots bring you down!
OklahomaWifey
by Amanda on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Well put!

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I'm Roman Catholic. I consider marriage a contract with the state, it has nothing to do with god to me. I have no more concern for a gay couple than a straight one. Some are healthy and some aren't. Its all just couples to me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)