Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else suffer from this?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM
  • 30 Replies
Bacne

It's acne on your back. I know some people get it pretty bad as teens and young 20's, but I'm 37 1/2 and still have it a lot. Sometimes it is very painful.

How did or do you get rid of it?
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Have you been looked at by a dermatologist?  My brother had it and it was determined that the acne on his back was caused by a virus.  He had to take a medication to combat it from the inside out.   I use an acne body wash for areas that i break out on.  My back usually will break out on days i sweat more since it just sits there on the skin until i can get ot a shower.

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Quoting frndlyfn:

Have you been looked at by a dermatologist?  My brother had it and it was determined that the acne on his back was caused by a virus.  He had to take a medication to combat it from the inside out.   I use an acne body wash for areas that i break out on.  My back usually will break out on days i sweat more since it just sits there on the skin until i can get ot a shower.

I haven't been seen by a dermatologist, but maybe I should be. I've never thought of as being caused by a virus, just possibly hormonal.

I just quit a job that I was sweating tons every day and my back actually got better. Now that I'm not working anymore, the pimples are coming back even though I shower the same way and amount.

Someone said it was from left over conditioner after washing my hair, so I washed my back after rinsing my hair instead of before, and that didn't help (though I still do that anyway).
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I would talk to a dermatologist to see what they suggest.  Perhaps you need to have a good workout and sweat tons to release the toxins causing the acne?.  The skin doctor can usually guide you into finding what works best for your body.  I have even used my face wash on top of chest when that breaks out.

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Quoting frndlyfn:

I would talk to a dermatologist to see what they suggest.  Perhaps you need to have a good workout and sweat tons to release the toxins causing the acne?.  The skin doctor can usually guide you into finding what works best for your body.  I have even used my face wash on top of chest when that breaks out.

Thanks for your suggestions. I will look into getting some acne face wash and hope that helps in the meantime.
lovinmykiddo07
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Ugh, yes. It was under control but I've been so stressed & sick lately its coming back (I'm 25 btw). 

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Ugh, yes. It was under control but I've been so stressed & sick lately its coming back (I'm 25 btw). 

That sucks!
I'm not any more stressed than any other day or sick, yet I have it all the time. It's very annoying!
lovinmykiddo07
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Quoting Junebaby18:

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

That sucks!
I'm not any more stressed than any other day or sick, yet I have it all the time. It's very annoying!

Yeah, I've been spending a lot of time in bed. I'm sure with laying on my back in the heat isn't doing much for it. 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Quoting Junebaby18:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Thanks for your suggestions. I will look into getting some acne face wash and hope that helps in the meantime.

Having it on the back is the most annoying since we can not see it but can feel the pain from the break outs. I have my guy help wash my back once a week so i can make sure everything gets off including any dead skin i missed when  i wash it myself.

RADmomma
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:49 PM
There's acne body wash that might help.
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Is there anyway you can lay on your side at all? That may help some.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)