Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Let's Chat! What's on your mind?

We have a new chat post for this week!

Please click here to join the Chat:
Let's Chat! What's on your mind?

Let's Chat!

What are you up to today?

Tell us what's on your mind...

• Reply to this post and let us know what's on your mind today!
  • Chat with the other members by Quoting their replies.

If you're new to CafeMom and have questions, please feel free to ask them here!

have a nice weekend

Tips:
*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!
*To see if anyone has Quoted you, check the My Activity tab at the top of every page. 

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Haha!  Mine comes to my phone so I check it every time it dings at me.  

Maybe the other ladies are just not in a position for a meet up right now.  Have they expressed a desire to get together?

Try not to take it to personally, I'm sure it's not you. 

Quoting DehartHoneyBees:

Question: How often do you check your email? I have a group of friends that I met in Toddler Group almost three years ago. I thought we were all close, but lately I have been reaching out about getting together and all but maybe one or two ever reply. I know that people are busy, however I feel like I do A LOT between stuff with the kids family and house work but I can still manage to check my emails and reply promptly... or just reply period. I guess I'm just sensitive. I just feel like everyone must check their email daily and when I never get a reply it makes me feel like I'm just not worth their time........ Okay- Well three crazy kids running wild. It's a unload the dishwasher half way and reload, run dishwasher again kind of day!

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Oh!  I hope the time goes by fast for you!  :)

How long do you think it'll take to get a job in your field once you're done?

Quoting sahmw2010:

I should be done with classes mid march. Im doing 2 per term, each term 10 weeks. I have to do my internship during my last term of classes. Then i have to do my capstone (not sure what exactly that is) and then contact the ABA to take the national certification exam. So everyrhing i should hopefully be done next summer

Quoting amonkeymom:

I'm sure you'll be thrilled to be done finally.  How long will it take to get these last 6 classes done?

Quoting sahmw2010:

Going fo my associates in paralegal studies. I have 6classes left to go

Quoting amonkeymom:

Ugh, I need to clean today too.  My daughter is having friends over tomorrow night to celebrate her birthday (sweet 16).

What are you studying?

Quoting sahmw2010:

I dont wanna clean :( my hubby has a 4day and is home. I want to spend family day, but we really need to clean since i neglected the house while i studied and took my finals

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:38 AM
No he did not get hurt when the bed fell.
my hubby n son were both p off that it was not fixed right when the guys from rooms to go kids did not fix it right in Feb this year when we bought it.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Uh oh.  He didn't get hurt when the bed broke did he?

Quoting auntangelofsix:

Good morning..
its been raining alot in Jax Fl this month too..im wait on rooms to go kids to call so that they can fix my 10 yr old bottom bunk he sat on it last nite to watch tv and it broke on him and tending to a cranky 18 month old who is cranky and fighting sleep since getting up at 6:45 A.m.

sahmw2010
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Well paralegal is actually one of the fastest growing jobs. And we can work at more places then just law firms. But im also a military wife and move constantly and have been denied jobs because of it. The employers flat out told me tht is the reason. We dont live on post here, so hopefully i can get a job with no problems. Though im going to try and find an on post job also

Quoting amonkeymom:

Oh!  I hope the time goes by fast for you!  :)

How long do you think it'll take to get a job in your field once you're done?

Quoting sahmw2010:

I should be done with classes mid march. Im doing 2 per term, each term 10 weeks. I have to do my internship during my last term of classes. Then i have to do my capstone (not sure what exactly that is) and then contact the ABA to take the national certification exam. So everyrhing i should hopefully be done next summer

Quoting amonkeymom:

I'm sure you'll be thrilled to be done finally.  How long will it take to get these last 6 classes done?

Quoting sahmw2010:

Going fo my associates in paralegal studies. I have 6classes left to go

Quoting amonkeymom:

Ugh, I need to clean today too.  My daughter is having friends over tomorrow night to celebrate her birthday (sweet 16).

What are you studying?

Quoting sahmw2010:

I dont wanna clean :( my hubby has a 4day and is home. I want to spend family day, but we really need to clean since i neglected the house while i studied and took my finals

miracleblues
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
It is a lot cooler here in NY than it has been lately. For a good bit it was too hot and humid, then nothing but tons of rain mixed with some hail and then really hot again. Now its only 63, except of course I have to be the one that catches a bad cold from mother nature trying to figure out how the weather is going to be! :/
tia6952
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:47 AM

/Trying to get used to the site.  I am very nervouse today.  My daughter and I are hosting a party and am afraid no one will show up.  lol

thefinalfall13
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

My foster dog that got adopted over a year ago almost got returned a few minutes ago, so on my mind is why don't people invest in training their dogs they way they invest in educating their children?

DehartHoneyBees
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I know, Still- If it were me I could send at the very least a quick, "That won't work for us, hope all is well."

I guess I'm just frustrated also that I have orginized a "Very Merry Unbirthday" for September where we will have a party with gift exchange. Everyone sounded into the idea at the beginning of summer and now I feel like maybe it was a bad idea. It's a Karate Party for 12 and 9 are invited however I worry only a couple will now end up showing since it feels like friendships are fading. Which is fine it happens. I'm thinking of just calling it off. I planned it on my birthday weekend anyway and would rather just do something else then sit and stress about it...... Okay- Time to move again. Need to leave in 10 minutes to gymnastics. Still need to pick up, get dresses and dress my girls then get three kids in the car and move.... It's amazing what can be accomplished in 10!

Samantha16135
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM

i have to work today :/

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I wouldn't have been very happy either, but I hope your hubby didn't yell at them.

Very glad that he didn't get hurt!

Quoting auntangelofsix:

No he did not get hurt when the bed fell.
my hubby n son were both p off that it was not fixed right when the guys from rooms to go kids did not fix it right in Feb this year when we bought it.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Uh oh.  He didn't get hurt when the bed broke did he?

Quoting auntangelofsix:

Good morning..
its been raining alot in Jax Fl this month too..im wait on rooms to go kids to call so that they can fix my 10 yr old bottom bunk he sat on it last nite to watch tv and it broke on him and tending to a cranky 18 month old who is cranky and fighting sleep since getting up at 6:45 A.m.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)