Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

[wanted to share this] look what we found outside our front window [o_o] (EDIT)

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:45 PM
  • 26 Replies
2 moms liked this

My daughters' friends were playing just outside our front window when the one says "look! they're cute!" and the other says she was going to get her dad. I happen to look out to see what they were talking about and found these three newborn bunnies laying in the mulch, no mother to be found, no nest in sight. We're not too sure if they were abandoned or if the mother was spooked while moving them, but we brought them inside (I got to cuddle with them) and called my mom's friend. Her daughter works for the wildlife rescue and they were going to take them in. They can't be any older than a month old, their eyes are still closed and have no fur on their bodies. But I thought you wonderful ladies would like to see the pictures. <3 

Side note: I'm proud of the little girls who found them. Not once did they try to touch them or pick them up and they immediately went to get their parents and me. :)

-Rachael 

Edit! 

Moms' friend called. The bunnies are doing just fine. They've been fed and are now snuggled up to a warmer in their little bedding box. <3

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof4in29
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Ongoing how cute
nocalmegan
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Awesome! How cute! Once my dad was our shooting rabbits and he ended up shooting a pregnant one. We tried to save the babies but we couldn't. We were all little (under 6) and so my mom put the babies on top of the fridge in a box to prevent ha from touching them and one fell behind the fridge. She's still traumatized and refuses to talk about it to this day
RachynKennie
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Aren't they just adorable? My daughter kept insisting we keep them. I would've if we knew they proper steps to take care of them, but my mom pointed out that because they're so young, they need to be properly looked at. Her friend that came to pick them up promised to keep us updated on our babies <3

Quoting momof4in29:

Ongoing how cute

RachynKennie
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:55 PM

oh god, that sounds traumatizing! We live in an apartment complex; and every year we get baby bunnies, ducklings, and fawns. We're surrounded by, and across from, woods. We used to feed the doe, bucks, and fawns marshmellows x) 

Quoting nocalmegan:

Awesome! How cute! Once my dad was our shooting rabbits and he ended up shooting a pregnant one. We tried to save the babies but we couldn't. We were all little (under 6) and so my mom put the babies on top of the fridge in a box to prevent ha from touching them and one fell behind the fridge. She's still traumatized and refuses to talk about it to this day

nocalmegan
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:07 PM
How cute! I used to live in northern Cali and our dogs would always mess with the fawns and get their asses kicked by mama. Lol.

Quoting RachynKennie:

oh god, that sounds traumatizing! We live in an apartment complex; and every year we get baby bunnies, ducklings, and fawns. We're surrounded by, and across from, woods. We used to feed the doe, bucks, and fawns marshmellows x) 

Quoting nocalmegan:

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM

How cute.  Glad the wild life people took them in.

bluegrassmom13
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:15 PM
So sweet! We always had bunnies growing up.
strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM

sad for the mommy bunny :/ if the eyes are not opened they are like days old. so stinking cute

momof4in29
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Well maybe once they are old enough you guys could take them I just love bunnies their little noses are too cute :)

Quoting RachynKennie:

Aren't they just adorable? My daughter kept insisting we keep them. I would've if we knew they proper steps to take care of them, but my mom pointed out that because they're so young, they need to be properly looked at. Her friend that came to pick them up promised to keep us updated on our babies <3

Quoting momof4in29:

Ongoing how cute

nancyschmancey
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM

sooooooooo cute!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)