• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

domestic violence

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:19 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
My name is Kimberly. I am a 32 single mother of 5 resulting from domestic violence. My soon to b ex husband is in jail and my children who are used to seeing their father everyday have seen him in 3 months. Me and my children were able to find a safe home and try to pick up the pieces. My oldest child is a 11 boy. He seems to being thru lots of learned behaviors from his father. He went from being a warm caring loving boy to now all he does is start arguments. My 9 yr old thinks the world hates him. My 6 yr old is constantly doing things that could potiently harm herself or other. My 3 yr old normally is a happy go lucky guy and now is very clingy and whiny. I also have a 6 month son who so far shows no side effects. I was married to my husband almost 8 years and he hit me almost off and all the time. I am seeking a divorce and fresh start. I am also going to school to b a probation officer.
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ditsyjo
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:08 AM

the kids are probaly missing their father... even though he is not a good example or father... they are still going to miss him and need time to adjust to the huge shift that has happened in their life even though the shift is ulitmately for the better all they can see right now is the change not the improvement. set clear boundries... be consistant and lot's of understanding.

ditsyjo
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:18 AM

sorry I know my response was kind of rambly but... hope it is helpful.

SissyAnn141
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this

If you wish to join, a group.

We are here, for you.

♥♥♥♥ Guardian Angels ♥♥♥♥

*** PRIVATE GROUP ***                         

NO DRAMA ALLOWED! 

We have ALL been through enough!

This is a safe place that you can come to cry, vent or release your frustrations-- even if you are not ready to leave your abuser yet.

YOU WILL NOT BE JUDGED HERE!

Everyone here from the Group Owner to the Administrators have once walked in your shoes.

We are NOT professionals, but  a group of women offering our support based on our personal experiences.

We are a very active and informative group.

*** We also welcome, Single ABUSED MOTHERS, who have AUTSIC CHILDREN

OR CHILDREN "WHO HIT"***

AUTISM Mothers, sick of Drama, are welcome , also.

Please take the time to read posted information & add to it, in order to help others.

We are also on a 60 deletion, by the Cafemom Computer, if no activity from you.

We are here to let abused women know -
 YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
 THIS IS A GROUP FOR ABUSED WOMEN
            (by ANY family member)
                           OR
        For Formally Abused Women

*******WARNING**********
SOME THINGS YOU READ OR SEE YOU MAY FIND VERY UPSETTING.

Applications will not be approved for any cafemom member with less than 100 profile views.

However, we are not "In- sentive either ", PLZ MAIL OWNER.

The Safety & Protection of EVERY member is our main priority & it is not taken lightly.

PLZ CLICK ON OWNERS PROFILE.(click on name- view profile)

Siggy is Clickable to group

mkhc-531
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:51 AM
I'm so sorry for you and your family :( *hugs* At least you know your self worth and decided to get out before he severely hurt you or hurt one of the kids.. *applause* I'm sorry your kids are going thru those crazy mix of emotions too. Maybe try to talk to a Dr or pediatrician for some direction your family can go to for some help and/or counseling. I'll pray for you.
trainlady
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Sorry to hear about your problems with your soon to be ex. My advice to you is get your children into therapy immediately before something bad happens. I know of a family whose little boy went through a lot of problems and one day told his mother he wished he had a gun so he could shoot himself. I was taking the burden for the troubles on himself and this was very dangerous. Take your children including the 3 year old to therapy it will help and hopefully you will get the problem taken care of before it gets too deeply imbedded.

RADmomma
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:22 AM
I agree!!!

Glad you got out!

Quoting trainlady:

Sorry to hear about your problems with your soon to be ex. My advice to you is get your children into therapy immediately before something bad happens. I know of a family whose little boy went through a lot of problems and one day told his mother he wished he had a gun so he could shoot himself. I was taking the burden for the troubles on himself and this was very dangerous. Take your children including the 3 year old to therapy it will help and hopefully you will get the problem taken care of before it gets too deeply imbedded.

jconney80
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Hi I'm sorry you're going through a rough time! I wish you the best of luck through your divorce and with school

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)