Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do you do when your kid IS the bully?!

Posted by   + Show Post
My almost six year old son is a bully!! I made the mistake of kind of brushing it off for a long time bc he has two older brothers so I just thought he'd grow out of it. When he tries to be mean to someone and they put him in his place it ends there. BUT...if a kid whines and tattles and reacts he goes in for the kill! Not physically , that's never happened except with his brothers. But he says really mean things. I punish him, I tell him he isn't going to have any friends, no one wants to play with a mean boy...,he says he doesn't care. Nothing has worked!!! Help!!!
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Replies (21-24):
KellBell0820
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:40 PM
My 7 year old sd is the same way. She gets physical sometimes but mainly is just manipulative and mean to other people (kids and adults). DH is certain she learned it from her mom because that is how she treated him throughout their marriage and how he saw her treat other people.
thatgirl70
by Carin on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM

This happened with my nephew in Kindergarten this past school year, he got in trouble twice for bullying. Knowing the way my BIL is, it doesn't surprise me, however I don't know what they did about it.

DissieDothe
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SJerseyMom23:

My almost six year old son is a bully!! I made the mistake of kind of brushing it off for a long time bc he has two older brothers so I just thought he'd grow out of it. When he tries to be mean to someone and they put him in his place it ends there. BUT...if a kid whines and tattles and reacts he goes in for the kill! Not physically , that's never happened except with his brothers. But he says really mean things. I punish him, I tell him he isn't going to have any friends, no one wants to play with a mean boy...,he says he doesn't care. Nothing has worked!!! Help!!!

From what you originally said, your 5 yr old son is a brat not a bully. You can redirect his negative behavior with positive remarks. Seems like his self esteem has hit rock bottom.

SJerseyMom23
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:05 AM
[quote name="SEEKEROFSHELLS" id="0"]

At the end of day, he is going to poke the wrong kid with the ol pinata stick. It is coming. When he comes to you crying, don't get on a teacher's butt, or scream to other parents. It is unfortunate what has happened and you have been honest about your child. Kudos to you. I am NOT being sarcastic. Really kudos for being honest. Take other ladies advice, and if it doesn't work.....well when he gets his butt beat, tell him, I told you so.

[/quote

Honestly sometimes I do wish he would pick on the wrong kid and get socked. ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN