Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I recently had a baby, November '12 and due to a few complications I had to have an emergency c section. I'm currently pregnant again (oops..) and my dr said I could do a VBAC but the chance of me and baby dying are 60% higher and if I do VBAC there isn't an option of c section if I have complications again.

What I'm wondering is how true that is?
And mom that have had two c sections...is healing more painful, and worse the second time around??
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Replies (31-32):
lightoftheworld
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Definitely seek out a 2nd opinion. In America, it is harder and harder to find doctors who will truly support your VBAC decision. I had a VBAC for baby #3 and my doctors rules were no induction/pitocin because of increased risk of rupture. She was a week late, but completely worth the wait! Im so glad I did my VBAC. Do your own research!
SuthernBelleo0o
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:07 PM

i've had 2 c-sections and will be having another in Dec or Jan... whenever baby gets tired of being in there. My babies were both a month early due to me having a short torso and such large babies. and they were both emergency c-sections so a natural vaginal delivery wouldnt be in the cards for me even if i wanted it to. I've had no problems recovering from my c-sections. they were both failry easy recovery.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN