Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Bumps

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:34 PM
  • 5 Replies
I got under skin bumps last year in my head.Dr said it was shingles.However ,once again I have it again this year.Went to another dr and said it was staph .Put on anti b . But why or how did I have this staph that long without knowing.Any answers
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:00 PM

It can be misdiagnosed just like any other medical thing.  I am glad though you did not go septic having staph this long.  Maybe you did have shingles last year and it opened you up to staph.  Both can happen when immune system is compromised.

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:00 PM

This sounds similar to what I was going to say.

Quoting frndlyfn:

It can be misdiagnosed just like any other medical thing.  I am glad though you did not go septic having staph this long.  Maybe you did have shingles last year and it opened you up to staph.  Both can happen when immune system is compromised.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Staph hides in your body as does shingles, lupus, etc. etc. If the anti biotic works it was more than likely staph. But if it reoccurs again, I would definately get a second opion. Shingles does come back over and over.  As does other things. Autoimmune issues etc.

Reina13
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Staph is nothing to play around with. Im glad you were able to get on antibiotics.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Like the common cold, there are many strains of Staph infections.  It is a type of bacteria that lives on a lot of common surfaces, just like other germs.  MRSA is the one form of staph that you want to be extra careful about getting.  Be sure to wash your hands frequently and clean the common surfaces in your household and work place at least once a week with a disinfectant. 

I am not a nurse, I have a lot of nurse friends.  And I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.  (just kidding about the holiday inn express).  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)