Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

A stay at home wife and mom looking to meet other moms!

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:33 PM
  • 8 Replies

ladybugHello Cafemoms!

Let me start by saying thankyou for the warm welcome. I look forward to meeting other wives/mothers, and of course, making new friends! My name is Cynthia, I am 31 years old, and I reside in southern Illinois. My husband and I celebrated our 1st wedding annaversary in April,and in January became the very proud parents of a beautiful baby girl, our first child together. I have a son from a previous marriage. We are a loving and happy family! Our son Caleb, who will soon be 7, is diagnosed with a rare genetic lung disease, known as chILD. He was diagnosed at 15 mo. of age, and has been on continuous oxygen. I won't go into alot of detail, but he remains fragile, and is inactive on the lung transplant list. Despite the hardships that come with having a terminally ill child, he is a very sweet boy and has touched the lives and hearts of many. :) We continue to lift him up in prayer, and I would ask for the prayers of others as well. 

That's all the personal info I'd like to share for now.  I will say that I'm not very familiar with the whole ' social networking scene', and am by nature a rather shy person. That doesn't by any means describe my complete character, it just takes a little bit to break the ice.  I think I've painted a pretty good introductory picture, so until next time!

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
proudmommy690
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Welcome to the group.
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Hi Cynthia! Welcome to CafeMom!

mom4life5107
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Hello welcome to the group. Hope you have a great day. God bless you and your family.
Reina13
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Hi Cynthia. Welocme to CafeMom.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Welcome to the group!!!  I hope your son is able to move up to active on the transplant list soon.

Imjustinsmommy
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:35 PM

hi & welcome to cafemom! prayers sent for your family & precious Caleb!. 

MrsJunior
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Thankyou moms for all your prayers and good wishes! I know it's late, and I will try to answer each of your posts individually at a better time. until then.

saffirecafe
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:38 AM
Hi, welcome. Congrats on your new marriage and new child. Sorry to hear that your son is going through health issues. I hope his health progresses. I will keep him in my prayers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)