Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is this a weird Craigslist ad to post?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:00 PM
  • 10 Replies

I posted this on my local Craigslist tonight.  I blocked out my school because I have privacy issues :)  I am a mom of 3 all which will be in school and since I work at home and have been living in sweats and baby puke for the last 5 years I thought that it might be fun to do something for myself.  I cannot afford $50/hour or more for horseback riding lessons so in exchange I am looking for something local that will allow me to volunteer my lunch break in exchange for riding time.  There may be a liability issue here I'm not sure.. Thoughts?  

I have 5 years experience with horseback riding lessons. 1 Year apprenticeship training experience. I am 32 and I will be honest it has been a few years since riding. I've been busy with work and kids. I work from home and since my children will all be in school this year I am looking to volunteer my experience to work with horses whether it be exercise, cleaning stalls etc in order to have a little bit of riding time. I would like to get "back in the saddle". I attended cat College in catis a horticultural/equine science focused college and while I had the opportunity to pursue my passion of riding I chose a different major and now have my B.S. in Criminal Justice. While my career path has given me many opportunities to excel professionally I would love the opportunity to volunteer my services in an equine environment mainly to get back to what I had fun doing in the first place. In exchange I am a reliable, responsible person with a flexible schedule available to help out in exchange for riding time. Please reply if interested.     

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:04 PM
im sure you will get a call
NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:14 PM
If you lived here I'd have you over to my moms! She has 6 retired race horses and they need a good run. They are lazy and just hang out all day.
davidsmom81
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I really hope so.  I have always wanted to be involved with special equestrians.  As a mother of a son who was diagnosed with cerebral palsey  and has excelled passed the point of unbeleivable I would love to give back.  Suprisingly, according to google there is nothing around here like that.  

JollyMommy84
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:31 PM

No that sounds good to me,I am sure someone will be intrested,good luck,I used to ride horese all the time.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I would list your education and experience in a bulleted list, but other than that sounds good.  Good luck!

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:03 PM

No, this is not a weird craigslist ad to post.

davidsmom81
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:16 PM

bump

davidsmom81
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:35 PM

BUMP!

alexis_06
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:43 AM

doesnt sound weird to me either...hope you get some calls  :)

mamamiajk
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:03 AM

It doesn't seem weird at all. I bet you get a lot of takers. If not visit a few stables in person and post there. I love horses and riding them but my back has so may discs shot that I can no longer enjoy the ride. Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN