Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The phone is more important then the kids

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:18 AM
  • 7 Replies
Tomorrow as a family event I have asked my bf to limit his phone/facebook time to two times a day. He is normally on it from time he wakes up to the time he goes to bed with little social time in between. I asked him tonight as a favor to me to not being on facebook at all, then after he said he wouldn't because of all the messages he has because he is part of the Anonymous group that I would be okay with twice tomorrow. But I feel if he can't even do that for me we are over tomorrow. I feel his political views are WAY more important then his family. It sucks and I really hope I don't have to do it, but I really feel like he has become more glued to a phone/computer/social media then he realizes.

Am I wrong for feeling or asking this? I really need someone to talk to right now.
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:26 AM

I would be upset as well.  All he would have to do is tell his group he will be offline to spend with people in his life.  I am sure they would understand.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:28 AM
Excatly

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would be upset as well.  All he would have to do is tell his group he will be offline to spend with people in his life.  I am sure they would understand.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Still upset, but were going out. We'll see what happens I hope I don't have to kick him out/dump him I really do like him.
TinyDancer428
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I hope today goes well and he doesn't spend the whole time on his phone.
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Me too.

Quoting TinyDancer428:

I hope today goes well and he doesn't spend the whole time on his phone.

Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Personally, I think you are over reacting a bit.  You can't determine or tell him how often he can be on his phone no matter what's going on.  You want to "limit" his usage and that's just wrong.  I also think your comment about if he can't do it for you that you are over tomorrow.  Really?  He has to do it because HE wants to do it, not because you want him to.

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:19 PM
You have a right to your feelings, but telling him how much he can or can't be on the computer is treating him like a child. And seriously, you're going to leave him over something that lame?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN