Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I told her I didnt work there

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:48 AM
  • 68 Replies
I was in line at the grocery store. It wasnt my turn yet but the cashier said "here, put this at the end of my conveyer belt". It was a "closed" sign. I did it. Then she said "can you tell whoever comes up behind you that im closed?" I told her straight to her face "I dont work here". First time going grocery shopping in this city and a cashier expects me to do her job. Wtf.
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:54 AM
9 moms liked this
it ts a pretty common request. and it makes sense. this way people in line behind you wont start unloading or waiting in that line unnecessarily if they didnt motice the sign on the conveyor or that her light is off. and the cashier wont have to be shouting past you to send them to a different line. its common courtesy. not that you are doing her job
BoxxyBabee
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Aint nobody got time for that.

Quoting calsmom62:

it ts a pretty common request. and it makes sense. this way people in line behind you wont start unloading or waiting in that line unnecessarily if they didnt motice the sign on the conveyor or that her light is off. and the cashier wont have to be shouting past you to send them to a different line. its common courtesy. not that you are doing her job

Mrs.Pedro
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:57 AM
16 moms liked this
Really? You're upset that she didn't tell you to go to another line because she was closing(kuzz that's what most would do that I've ever been around)? And I'm pretty sure with her ringing you up next, you would have been just as pissed off if she'd stopped what she was doing to put the sign up herself. Quit being a bitch... Posting a sign and saying one little sentence IF someone comes up isn't "doing her job". Ffs if that's all you found wrong with your new town so far then count yourself lucky.

I cannot shake my fucking head hard enough at this dumb shit.
Rampgirl04
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Op that was kinda rude and harsh of you but theres no reason why she as a Worker can't tell a customer that herself because yes it is her job so I'm not going to be too critical of your comment. Jeeze if I had a job right now I would be grateful and wouldn't expect others to do my work :(

I just got wrongly terminated with no reason for it about two days ago now :(

Tea4Tas
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:03 AM
8 moms liked this

It's called manners and courtesy. Sure she can yell across you to tell the customer that. But how much nicer is it for you to say-I am sorry this line is closed.

Did it ever occur to you that IF someone unloads she might have to then ring them up (that manners thing again) and then be late picking her kid up from daycare or school or camp? Maybe it's her kids birthday and she has to pick up a cake.

Who the hell knows. You just decided to be a Giant Douche about it, instead of following the norm which is to be polite and considerate. Go you!

vvinkyloafer
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this
You tell 'em, boo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BoxxyBabee
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:04 AM
Not my problem.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

It's called manners and courtesy. Sure she can yell across you to tell the customer that. But how much nicer is it for you to say-I am sorry this line is closed.

Did it ever occur to you that IF someone unloads she might have to then ring them up (that manners thing again) and then be late picking her kid up from daycare or school or camp? Maybe it's her kids birthday and she has to pick up a cake.

Who the hell knows. You just decided to be a Giant Douche about it, instead of following the norm which is to be polite and considerate. Go you!

XJetX
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Smdh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tea4Tas
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:12 AM
8 moms liked this

Quoting BoxxyBabee:

Not my problem.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Oh I know. You have made it clear you don't give a damn about anyone else. I am sure if you go there again and she sees you, she will get that sign out ahead of you-not behind.

I try to treat people with the utmost kindness, because I tend to go to the same places over and over.  It pays off.  The restaurant I go to on a regular basis  and tip well at NEVER charges me for a soda, they always find me a table quickly and the manager usually picks up my tab a few times a year.

When I forgot my wallet at my regular grocery store-the cashier I see so often vouched for me, and I went home and called in my credit card number to them-WITH my groceries.

Being nice pays off.

liels898
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:23 AM
15 moms liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)