Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I had a miscarriage, but my husband didn't want to take me to the emergency room

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:07 AM
  • 14 Replies

I was pregnant for three months. My husband thought if everything was alright, I didn't have to see the doctor, yet. Last Monday, I started bleeding. He called the doctor, the doctor told him either to take me to the emergency room, or have a check up the next day. When I went to see the doctor, he wasn't too happy that I didn't go to the emergency room. He scheduled me to have a suction done on Friday. However, on Friday, I accidentally ate before my operation. So they had to reschedule me on next Tuesday. 

When I came home, the bleeding got worse and I was sitting on pins and needles. I had miscarriage for so long and I didn't know and had to wait so long to have the operation. I am so scared what is going to happen to me. I am mad that my husband didn't take me to see the doctor when I was pregnant, and didn't want me to go to the emergency room when I had a miscarriage. All he cares about is to save money. 

What should I do now? Am I going to be ok?

by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:11 AM
How do you feel? Do you have a fever? Is the bleeding still very heavy?

If you are feeling ok, I wouldn't worry. If you have a fever, feel dizzy or lightheaded, or are still heavily bleeding, you need to be seen by a doctor.

Hugs. I'm so sorry this happened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Imjustinsmommy
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:06 AM

im sorry for your loss & hope you're ok.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Kick him in the nuts for being a cheap asshole.

And as another said, as long as you're not feeling feverish or dizzy, you might be alright.  Just take it easy.  If you start to feel worse, grab that man by his nutsack and drag him to the car and make him take you to the doc.

jhslove
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Why on God's green earth is your husband being allowed to decide what prenatal care you get? That should be between you and your doctor.

Especially since his priorities are clearly out of whack.

mbc324
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I would be afraid to have a child with him, what happens when the child is sick & he doesnt think they need to see a Dr.?? Thats child endangerment & neglect. I would think twice about even staying with someone like that.

mommyziegler
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:04 AM
This exactly and to a T!!!

Quoting mbc324:

I would be afraid to have a child with him, what happens when the child is sick & he doesnt think they need to see a Dr.?? Thats child endangerment & neglect. I would think twice about even staying with someone like that.

Lemonpocket
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Im so sorry to hear that happened. I hope you're hangging in there. Why not go to the doctor all by yourself without him knowing it or ask any of your relatives or friends to accompany you because it seems that doesn't care whatever happens to you. Life is more important than money. Money can be earned but not life.
mbc324
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:10 AM

If you stay with this fool you will be as guilty as he if you have children and they dont get the medical attention they need. You now know what he is like and have no business putting a child at risk. Next time call an ambulance, let him see how cheap that is.

i.love.my.life
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:15 AM
I personally didnt go to the ER for a miscarriage. If he wouldnt take you because hes cheap, thats innacceptable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Why does he have to take you? I know its scary but i had my last mc while dh was out of town. I had no problems driving myself in. He did come to my first appointment with this baby but i made the appointment and i was capable of getting myself there.
It sounds like you are someone that is very dependent and needs to be taken care of. You should have married a nurturing guy then. I'm not sure why a needy person would marry a man that doesn't help her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN