Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Food

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:49 AM
  • 26 Replies
2 moms liked this

We were out grocery shopping yesterday.And because school is still out until the 5th we had all 3 boys with us.After we finish the shopping Bryce tells us he's hungry so we stop at McDonald's on the way home.

As we pull into the parking lot I notice this kid (maybe 18/17)sitting on the sidewalk outside of McDonald's.He looks homeless,but not filthy (his hair is clean,he doesn't stink..etc)He is not asking people for money or "harassing" them.I tell my hubby-"I bet he's hungry".After we were done eating I was going to buy him a meal,but he beat us to it.

About 3/4 minutes before we were getting up to leave he walks in.Quietly says something to the first table.The whole time he was talking that group of 5 were shaking their heads without even looking at him, He walks towrd us,,,and I notice that he is very pale.For the first couple of seconds he was just standing there looking at us (maybe building up courage).He finally says. "I'm  sorry for bothering you,But,I am really hungry and the french fries smell good.Could you please buy me a small fry? I don't want any money..." without giving him a chance to finish talking my hubby stands up and goes with this kid to the register.Tells him to order what he wants. His eyes get really big...he asks "Could I get the 20 piece nugget meal?" Before hubby even opens his mouth "Or maybe the double cheese burger meal?" (He reminded me of a kid let loose in a candy store,not beeing able to decide WHAT sounds better.) I hope we made his day a little better.

Apparently,a lot of people had turned him down. Don't get me wrong,if he had asked for money he wouldn't have got any,but all he wanted was food.I couldn't have turned him away even if I'd wanted to. What if this were to happen to one of my kids? (knock on wood) I would hope someone would help them....Always do to others as you would want done to you,kwim?

No point to this post-I just couldn't stop thinking about that poor kid..

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:49 AM

BUMP!

2Sparrows4ever
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
We would have fed him too.
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I guess that's why it amazed me when the first group of people wouldn't look at him and/or help him.

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

2Sparrows4ever
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Well, we can't judge them for not helping, we don't know their situation, although I am going to assume if you have the money to eat out in the first place you surely had the money for a .99 cent fry.... some people just don't care :(

Quoting brandyblx:

I guess that's why it amazed me when the first group of people wouldn't look at him and/or help him.

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

Rosebud27aj
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have bought him some food...

cloughmom5
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:14 AM
You did the right thing, sometimes I see people like that and I feel bad I don't have anything to give them, having 5 kids if we go out to eat there is no money left! But onetime when we were coming out of a place a guy asked my oldest son for money and he handed him his leftover box, I was proud of him, it was better then the guy eating out of the trash cans.
princessputter
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:18 AM

You did the right thing that poor kid

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

Paigesmommy78
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Yeah would have fed him I've bought food for homeless b4
jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
That was a good thing you did.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)