Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Orange poop? HELP! Piog

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 9 Replies
My step son has had orange oily poop with stomach pain for 2 days. He is not on any medication nor does he have any medical problems. This has never happened before. We are on vacation at the beach his week and not returning until Sunday. Our diet has been fairly normal and regular, no new foods. We are gluten free also so no wheat this week except the birthday cake we had on Monday. I googled it but just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas as to what it was?
Additional info:
1. The beach 3 miles north was closed yesterday due to "high fecal matter in test samples". We are not returning to the beach/water now.
2. Veggie Diet consisted of a few carrots, peppers, celery and broccoli
3. Meat is just ground beef and chicken, no fish or high fat foods

THX!
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
alli1204
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Was there food coloring in the cake? That can cause poop to turn colors
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Gatorade and some fruit drinks will change it too. Keep a eye on it if it's still like that Mon call the doc

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:56 PM
beets are often used for chocolate cake coloring. even in higher concentration for red velvet cake. carrots could be at play too. poop color isnt a huge deal. unless it looks like coffee grounds. and i dont know how old he is but u might not have seen him scarf spme neon candy.
Monkiebut
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:49 PM
I cled the doc and she said its either a parasite or bacterial infection. 2 other kids are sick now too. He is 7 and the other 2 kids are 5.

FYI- the cake was vanilla with no frosting, zero candy is eaten in my house, and we only eat all natural preservative free, dye free foods.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:07 PM
awww poor kids. and poor mom:(.
Imjustinsmommy
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:46 PM

im sorry... i hope he feels better.. it must be something they ate that 3 are sick now

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:54 PM

It was probably the carrots. 

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Are they on some med now to get rid of whatever is causing it? I hope they all feel better soon.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:06 AM

My guess is an infection.  Could be from anything.  My initial thought was the carrots as the perpetrator.  Could have been something in the meat that wasn't cooked all the way.  Hopefully they start feeling better soon.

Quoting Monkiebut:

I cled the doc and she said its either a parasite or bacterial infection. 2 other kids are sick now too. He is 7 and the other 2 kids are 5.

FYI- the cake was vanilla with no frosting, zero candy is eaten in my house, and we only eat all natural preservative free, dye free foods.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN