Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Time for a new preschool?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM
  • 8 Replies
After spending a long time searching for a preschool, and getting a great deal, I enrolled my daughter in something I thoughy would be great. Unfortunatly, the more I find out, I am starting to dislike the teacher and her policies. It seems to me that everyday they are getting junk food at snack time, watching movies everyday, and either skipping circle time, or doing it before we get there, also they are not practicing writing their names, and skipping naptime. When I pick her up, she is cranky and whines until we get home (forget stopping anywhere, or doing something fun together) continues whining until dinner is cooked and by the time its bedtime, Im exhausted too. I am very anti junk food, which the teacher knows, and tv is a reward in my house, not something that goes on everyday. I haven't talked to the teacher yet, but I have started looking into other schools for the fall. Im about to pull her out for the rest of the summer too. Any advice?
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Pnukey
by Jennifer on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Are you using this as daycare because you have to work? Preschool isn't necessary. You can teach her everything she needs to learn at home. If you absolutely want/need her in preschool, definitely find a different one.

GabbyGirlsMommy
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:56 AM
TV every day? I would leave based on that alone. My DD goes to daycare and they have a no tv ever rule. It would bother me if they watched it every day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:42 PM
I've never heard of a preschool that had a tv. I've also not heard of a preschool that didnt have a start and stop time. Are you bringing your child late to school? That is your fault if your child misses something. This sounds more like a daycare which has no obligation to teach anything.
mjande4
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Is this a licensed school!? This doesn't seem on the level.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Definitely talk to the teacher as well as the administrator about your concerns.  If they are unconcerned or nothing changes, pull her out.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:20 PM

How old is your child? 

I agree that the need to stick to a schedule and feed them healthy food but she doesn't need to be in a full time preschool either. Kids need down time too. 

I would find a new preschool/daycare. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Amy_M
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:23 PM

This sounds like a daycare not a preschool.  

Imjustinsmommy
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:32 PM

im confused... how old is your child? that would  matter what they are doing ( writing names or not). you siad watching movies but  then you siad you dont like tv.. which is it? are they watching movies? or tv? what kind of movies are they seeing? maybe educational? what is their scedule? are you  there during the nap time & circle time? or  no? bc then yes, you'd miss it.

as far as snacks.. i usually provide my own. its important  to me to  send what id like my child to eat. maybe brown bag a helathy snack for her. what are they giving her?  my ds's preschools had goldfish, veggie sticks, pirate booty.. pretzels.. some were a bit junky in my eyes but kiddie foods not junk foods.

is this a preschool or a daycare ?

id be finding out these asnwers WITH the school & if your're not happy.. find a new one yes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)