Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

DRAMA on CM???!!

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:55 AM
  • 32 Replies
5 moms liked this

Hey all ! I've been a member on CM for a couple of hours now, and I've already seen some very negativtiy on the site. Some groups are dubbed not so nice things, and then I just was introduced to the whirlwind that is the CMTHRONE blog. I was just wondering...is this the "norm" around here at cm? I'm not saying that it all has to be unicorns and rainbows , but I guess my first impression of the site is not like i thought orginally.

I joined this site with the intentions of this being a uplifiting and positive site where mature (and I use that word loosely) moms could get together. I've seen a lot of good on this site, but a lot of bad things as well that I feel have no place on this site.

Is it just me? Best to ignore it?

by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeccaJoy622
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM
I've noticed that too. There's this one mom in particular who seems to disagree with everything I say... No matter what it is! I ignore it, but that's easier said than done.

On a completely different note: anyone else think 'cervical mucus' when they see 'cm'? Or am I just really odd that way? (I'm 6 months preggers btw, could have something to do with that!)

But welcome! You're more than welcome to message me if you want, I do my best to keep things light!

mami286
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

depends on the group. i try to steer clear from certain groups but some have really interesting topics that may concern you.  when going to a group get a fell of the subject first before doing anything, my names Amia btw :)

Beebella
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
There are always Negative Nancy's on this site who like to bring people down and say bitchy things to air out their own frustrations. I think it's funny because you can always tell who the disgruntled moms are who hate their lives. Gotta ignore them.
GoddessMom2B
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Yeah, I understand there's going to be disagreements amongst people but some members can be really immature about things .

And no lol, you're not weird at all lol. My period calendar uses cm for cervical mucus so I see it that way too! hahaa. Congratulations on your pregnancy! Are you having a boy or a girl?

Thanks for the warm welcome :) !

Quoting BeccaJoy622:

I've noticed that too. There's this one mom in particular who seems to disagree with everything I say... No matter what it is! I ignore it, but that's easier said than done.

On a completely different note: anyone else think 'cervical mucus' when they see 'cm'? Or am I just really odd that way? (I'm 6 months preggers btw, could have something to do with that!)

But welcome! You're more than welcome to message me if you want, I do my best to keep things light!

goodmama85
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM
I agree with pp.there are a lot of nice groups on cm though just gotta search them out.
BeccaJoy622
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM
He's a boy :) no official name yet :/ and I have a beautiful 4 1/2 year old daughter. How old are yours?

Quoting GoddessMom2B:

Yeah, I understand there's going to be disagreements amongst people but some members can be really immature about things .

And no lol, you're not weird at all lol. My period calendar uses cm for cervical mucus so I see it that way too! hahaa. Congratulations on your pregnancy! Are you having a boy or a girl?

Quoting BeccaJoy622:

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:11 PM

There are some groups in which it all seems to be who can be the biggest beotch.  I steer clear of those ones myself.  This group is not like that.  How old are you?  The 30 Something Group is great too.

cshepard
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I mostly come on here and confessions for the entertainment. If I needed any support I would go to the single moms or 30 something moms I'm a member of. Find a specific to you group of you want support, these are not the groups for that.
GoddessMom2B
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Aw congratulations again, thats great! I don't have any kids yet , the fiance and I are planning to have one within the next year, but he's in the army so we've just been trying to find the right time.

Quoting BeccaJoy622:

He's a boy :) no official name yet :/ and I have a beautiful 4 1/2 year old daughter. How old are yours?

Quoting GoddessMom2B:

Quoting BeccaJoy622:

GoddessMom2B
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Well that's good to hear. I'm 21.

Quoting ScrChk23:

There are some groups in which it all seems to be who can be the biggest beotch.  I steer clear of those ones myself.  This group is not like that.  How old are you?  The 30 Something Group is great too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)