Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm Addicted to Cleaning and I need help!!!

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:04 PM
  • 22 Replies

The end of June I went to my friends wedding in Indiana. When I got back my house looked great...problem...I started cleaning anyways!!

Since I've done just about every room of my house, except the basement, which is on my hit list this weekend. I'm not talking picking up things here and there, I'm talking washing dishes by hand EVERY DAY instead of using the dishwasher. Vaccuming the carpet on almost a daily bases, wiping things down every day, close to a daily bases and picking up little things just to pick it up! I still don't know why except because I can keep up on it easier maybe?

I've done bathrooms, my room,  my kids rooms and both living areas and I'm not done! I've even been cleaning clean! I can't stop! If I miss a day, I swear I wake up to a trashed house and that is NOT how it looks when I go to bed. Then I hate my self for it and kick it into over drive mode to get caught back up.

I'm officially addicted to cleaning and I seriously need help!! And fyi...I'm not nesting, not preggo either. I can't get pregnant anymore, but I don't get it except maybe my OCD (I'm ADD and OCD is part of that) has kicked into over drive and the button is stuck in the "On" position!

by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:12 PM
I don't consider what you have described as excessive. I keep my home clean on a constant basis. If you were using an electric toothbrush on your floors or washing the drapes daily that would be odd but keeping surfaces clean? I do that and don't consider it an issue.
Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Girl, that's not a problem, come on over to my house if you're cleaning bug is that big....lol. j/k

I'm not sure how you can stop cleaning clean.  I kinda feel like you do about it being easier to stay on top of but I wouldn't be washing dishes by hand when I have a dishwasher and a vacuumed floor be it every day looks great.   IDK what to tell you but I bet your house looks awesome

Jessicamarquez
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Lol ocd me too I get panicky when I can't clean my way. Its therapeutic to me
frankiesma530
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Come visit me?

Tipsen
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:29 PM
I seriously have a issue. It does not sound like you do. I literally can not sleep if my house is dirty. I spend about 4 hours a day cleaning my house. I dust everything every other day (including places like the tops of fans I have to get a ladder to get to lol). I also wash my dishes 3x (1x in the sink, then they go to the dishwasher, then back for another sink cleaning)before they can go in my cabinet and then I rinse them again when I go to use them. Oh and I vacuum 3x day unless I am out of the house but the min is 2
Anoronlight
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Yeah that's not all I have done...I've rearranged the videos, my kitchen cabinets (twice) and my counter tops (3 times and I'm due to do it again). I've spent time on the floor in the living room deep cleaning the carpet and I have yet to do it again.

Typically I just keep up with stuff and use the dishwasher, but I'm walking around the house cleaning closests and hide aways just to clean! My crawl space is also on that hit list. lol Lord knows how bad it is down there!

If I thought I could get away with it I would clean the garage just to have it cleaned, but hubby is going to do that. lol  And he would ring my neck if I touched his tools! Which is why I have been able to fight the urge to touch it! LOL

I was supposed to go to the gym this week, instead I opted to stay home and clean and one afternoon I pulled weeds (paid for that with my allergies! LOL).  That stuff is just touching the surface. lol The problem is I can't stop. I keep going and going and going!  Its actually driving me batty. I tell my friends I can't see them because I have to clean. You know the last time I left this house to do something other then cleaning? Last weekend to go for dinner and a movie for our annverisry  with my hubby and even then he had to pull me away! lol Its never happened before where he's the one yelling at me to get out the door so we won't be late! LOL

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I run a therapy session in my home for that 2x a week. Please join me. Feel free to bring your favorite cleaning items to (ahem) demonstrate. ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anoronlight
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I'll tell you guys what I tell my friend (OMG her house looks like a tornado went through a dozen times!) You don't want me to clean...you might end up missing things! LOL I live off of min. stuff, anything that I think isn't needed takes a walk to the Good will. And I tend to clean and organize to what fits me best. My friend wouldn't recongize her house because nothing would be in it by the time I was done!! hahaha But if your ok with thatI can try and squeeze in sometime during the week. bouncing

Anoronlight
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:38 PM

So my hubby comes home, goes down to the basement and our convo goes like this, he speaks softly the whole time, its his, "I'm not sure if its safe to speak or not" tone. lol
Hubby: "Oh Sh**."

Me: "Well I told you I was going to clean this thing! All I have to do is vacum, have you take out this trash and pull two boxes of toys out from the crawl space for me and I'm pretty much done."

Hubby: "You're starting to scare me."

ME: "Why? Cause I'm cleaning so much?"

Hubby: "Yeah."

Me: "Well I ain't done yet! I still gotta RECLEAN the upstairs again and the kitchen and what not."

Hubby: "We'll stay home tomorrow and clean."

I've officially scared my hubby!! My job as a wife is done! hahaha

rory10
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:46 PM
You could come figure out my closet (the household catch all) and help me figure out what to do with DD's room to make it organized cuz, well she's 2. Is it at least help relieve stress for you?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)