Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mother of a 6 year old.

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 5:17 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi everyone, 

i want to introduce myself; I am married with a beautiful 6 year old son.  I decide to join cafemom because I find myself in need of advice from other moms that share similar issues as mine, and who love The Lord.  I am 27 years old and live in Oregon.  I attend my local church. But it's hard for me to find the time to meet with other moms, and not to mention I am a private person.  However, I feel the need to get advice from other moms who have similar issues. My issue at this time is my relationship with my son.  He loves his father so much that often makes me feel left out, and unloved.  He rather go anywhere with him than wih me.  I try to hang with him, but something so simple as a family a photo,  he would rather be far from me and next to his father.  It hurts my heart to see him act this way with me. That's a bit of my struggle, thank you guys for reading my post.  

God Bless! 

by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
T-HoneyLuv
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Hi! Welcome to CM! There are alot of great advice groups on here. Jump right in!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Have you asked him?  He just may be a daddys boy and as long as daddy is a good role model, I would let them enjoy this time of a tight bond.   Does daddy keep you in the loop if they talk about something important?

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:26 PM
You may want to go to the Christian mothers group. There are people of all faiths here.
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:02 AM

welcome to the group :)

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:54 AM

at six a lot of boys are busy bonding with dad.... it does make us moms feel rejected especially if they have been our boy until recently. it usually doesn't mean they don't love mommy... it's just part of growing up. hang in there he will eventually learn to balance both of you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)