Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

"Why do people have sex?"

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:08 PM
  • 24 Replies
2 moms liked this
That is the question my 8 year old son asked me the other night. We were sitting in the living room watching Chopped and during a commercial he turned and asked. I told him to make babies and I could just see the wheels turning in his little brain. My sister is 5 months pregnant and we are very close to them. Sure enough, when we saw her the next day he just kept looking at her. It was the funniest thing ever.
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
madhouseof5
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:11 PM
5 moms liked this
Good thing he didst point at baby bump and shout
"I know what you've been doing! Sex!"
Lol
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:24 PM

That is a good answer since his aunt is expecting.  Does he know the mechanics of it/

krazymom2boyz
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:27 PM
No, although we have had many interesting conversations about babies and pregnancy we haven't gotten to the mechanics. (Thank God!)
Lovemyshadows
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Never lie.  To get pregnant isn't the only reason.  The more open you are about sex the better.

kidlover2
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM
4 moms liked this
I told my my 9 year old because it feels good. She cringed and said " Yuck! " I told her to hold that thought for another 15 years :)
jlmc
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:59 PM

GOOD ANSWER! Before I clicked on this that was my answer, baby makin!

Imjustinsmommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:26 PM

im surprised at 8 he has no idea the mechanics of it atb least a bit.. kids seem to be  learbing more & more & an ealirer age..

my ds1 is 5 & he doesnt know the word " sex" yet but he did ask how babies get in mommys bellies.. i said daddy puts his love inside mommy &  the baby grows in there.. =/  im not sure if i dodged it or if it was age appropiate..  he didnt ask more & seemed satified so i assume it was enough.. i  tend to think  answer only as much as they ask at young ages.. for now my almost 5 yr old  would not be old enough imo to know his daddy puts his penis inside mommy.. i think you handled it good. 

Imjustinsmommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:27 PM

oh & also, id ask him what he knows abohtu sex? where did he learn the  word & see what he knows & what he doenst know.. & if its accurate too.. its great he came to you! keep the lines open!

jojo_star
by Jojo on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

That isn't the only reason. 

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:49 AM

great answer!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)