Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I need to lose as much weight as possible in 8 weeks!

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:29 PM
  • 46 Replies

I am overweight and I have been having a hard time getting rid of my belly fat and arm fat. Yes, I'm fat all over but those are the worst areas. I am meeting some of dh's family members for the first time in 8 weeks and I want to really look my best! I also need to think about my health and I want to look better overall and feel better about myself. Please give me tips and motivational words on this journey of mine! How would you do this if you had 8 weeks?

I know I won't be able to reach my ideal weight in 8 weeks but I want to lose as much as possible-without starving myself, haha. 

juggling

by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:39 PM

DO NOT DO ANY DIETS.   Make a lifestyle change dedicated to healthy foods and more physical activity.  Drink plenty of water, you can even put fruits into the water like lemon, lime for a non sugar flavorant.  First 8 weeks when you cut down the extra sodium/sugar in diet you will lose alot of water weight.  DO NOT weigh yourself every day.  Pick one day of the week and only once that day until the next time.

almburr
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Eat clean= whole, unprocessed foods. Get up and move for at least 30min a day. Lift weights! Yes I said lift weights!!!
pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:03 PM

They say don't loose more than 2 pounds a week.  Or you will get gall stones.  Don't do diet pills they're no good for you. Start eating sensible.  The weight will come of.  Cut out the junk food. They say eating on a smaller plate. Will make you think you ate more. So you get full on less. 

GaleJ
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Almost exactly three months ago my husband and I went on a diet because of a health issue. We cut out virtually all carbs, all sweets, and all non-nutritive beverages except coffee and tea. We are eating mostly chicken, turkey, fish, white meat pork, and an occasional bit of beef all cooked in appropriate ways with nothing fried of course, with heaps and heaps of salads and vegetables. We are paying very strict attention to portion sizes for everything but vegetables. We have cut out as much fat as possible and use only a bit of olive oil to cook. 

After dreading the thought of dieting for way too long we are finding this not only tolerable but relatively easy. My husband has lost approximately fifty pounds and I've lost about thirty-five. We are eating well and although I do miss certain things just a bit for the most part it's been easy and we are really starting to see the results in the fit of our clothing.

RunningMommaof2
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Do weight watchers online and start exercising daily! I'm down almost 50lbs and I do weight watchers and I run. It's taken me about a year though.. But I lost inches a lot faster than I lost lbs.
Miss_Mandy80
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:22 PM

By eating healthy, no mid-night snacking & a lot of Water & walking. Whatever exercise you can possibly get within that time frame. I am planning on eating better & walking a lot, but I have 7 months to lose my weight. lol. Good Luck to you =)

trainlady
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:23 AM

It won't make any difference how much weight you lose your skin will not shrink appropriately. It takes a long time and a lot of special exercise to lose the flabby skin that is left from weight loss. There is no way to get rid of it quickly except by surgery and that is dangerous. The skin has stretched and it takes a long long time to shrink. So if you do lose weight quickly remember the skin. You should be losing this weight for yourself and your health and not someone else. Your dh loves you the way you are and that is more important than trying to impress relatives, remember that. Go ahead and start your weight loss program and just take it easy and let the skin go down with the weight like it should.

Reina13
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I completely understand! My mother in law is coming in a couple of weeks for the first time, and I have been doing the same thing.

You should join us in the Healthy Weight Loss group. The moms there are awesome with tips, advice, motivation and support. 

Join us in the Healthy Weight Loss group

Quoting Due9:

I am overweight and I have been having a hard time getting rid of my belly fat and arm fat. Yes, I'm fat all over but those are the worst areas. I am meeting some of dh's family members for the first time in 8 weeks and I want to really look my best! I also need to think about my health and I want to look better overall and feel better about myself. Please give me tips and motivational words on this journey of mine! How would you do this if you had 8 weeks?

I know I won't be able to reach my ideal weight in 8 weeks but I want to lose as much as possible-without starving myself, haha. 

Lottie925
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Slim fast, if you can stick to it.
Opal614
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Sparkpeople! Their food tracker, recipes and forums are awesome. And they have free exercise videos. I have lost 40 lbs since April using it.

The biggest changes I've made are exercising for 30 min a day, not drinking any calories and keeping a food diary.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)