Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Switching from formula to breastfeed

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:58 AM
  • 5 Replies
M trying to switch frm formula to breastfeed but wholeday shes taking my feed n not sleeping .. Is it due to the transition?
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AbbeysMom2013
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 6:37 AM
Not sure. My dd was on formula her first few days since she was in the nicu. I pumped and brought in milk for her and she strictly drank that with no issues.
cmjustice
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 6:56 AM
How long did you go without breastfeeding? The milk supply doesn't just magically reappear, it takes work to get it back. You're doing the right thing by putting baby on the breast because the suckling will encourage your supply. I would use supplements too--fenugreek, blessed thistle and brewers yeast(google oatmeal lactation cookies-yum). I'm concerned that your child may be crying because your milk supply isn't back yet and she's hungry. Make sure you're getting enough wet diapers.
Shyamli
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 7:20 AM
Well i have not stopped formula yet only reduced earlier she was taking 3 times 120ml nw shes tkg 2 times 90 ml.. M having fenugreek seeds n oats.. Lets c.. Shes 2 months nw.. But is it ok to combine both breastfeed n formula?
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Yes, it is ok.

Quoting Shyamli:

Well i have not stopped formula yet only reduced earlier she was taking 3 times 120ml nw shes tkg 2 times 90 ml.. M having fenugreek seeds n oats.. Lets c.. Shes 2 months nw.. But is it ok to combine both breastfeed n formula?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 7:28 AM
As pp said, make sure she is having enough wet diapers. That is how you know she's getting enough to eat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)