Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you move from the City/State that you're in now?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:16 PM
  • 158 Replies

If so why and why not?  I have moved around a lot with my hubby's job and yet again in another new State, Louisiana.. I haven't been here long enough to give an opinion but I kinda love the weather (hot) and the ppl are friendly.. So would you move, why and why not? and if you have any favorite things about this new State, please do share..

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spastic_poodle
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:19 PM
I love it here (Omaha, Nebraska.) My parents are here, SO amd I have great careers, own an affordable home, have a great daycare, and it's very family friendly.

My fiance is from a very small town in Tennessee. He misses home and his family wants us to move there but we'd never be able to find jobs like we have here. And I'm selfish, I don't want to leave what little family I have.

If it comes down to me or Tennessee I'll probably move. But it would be heartbreaking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alwaysmotivated
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Well, you certainly have lots of reasons to want to stay in Nebraska, don't blame you..:) I have moved to several cities and its very heart breaking, because you make friendships and then have to leave, also my son hates having to change schools, but gotta go where the money and opportunity took us..I think this is the last of our move.. How do you like have a daycare? I was thinking of doing early childcare development and opening my own as well, not sure just another one of my many ideas, lol.. Great day to you!

Quoting spastic_poodle:

I love it here (Omaha, Nebraska.) My parents are here, SO amd I have great careers, own an affordable home, have a great daycare, and it's very family friendly.

My fiance is from a very small town in Tennessee. He misses home and his family wants us to move there but we'd never be able to find jobs like we have here. And I'm selfish, I don't want to leave what little family I have.

If it comes down to me or Tennessee I'll probably move. But it would be heartbreaking.

motherslove82
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I probably won't have a choice.

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:37 PM

The only place I would be willing to move to would be FL and that is to be closer to my mother and IL's. They live in a retirement community in central FL and we love it there.. issue is that it would be difficult for Dh to transfer there as the closest office is in Tampa and that is a couple of hours away. We have no desire to live in Tampa. 

We currently live in a burb of Atlanta and we love it. My BIL's family lives about 8 houses away, we have our Church ( where DH has been a member for 38 years and I've been there for 22), the kids have their friends, we have ours, they have an amazing private school and there is so very much to do in this area. We are looking for a new house now, but in one of our local country clubs, so about 10 minutes from here...we won't move again until DH and I are able to move to The Villages, where the Grands live as it is 55+ and older. 15 more years until we are able to move there as our youngest will be 18...their rules are no kids younger than 18 or 55 and older...we will be 51 when Karli is 18, so we plan on moving to FL then...

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:40 PM

i dont know if i would move...all i have is my daughter and my parents...and i dont think i could leave them....however it would be nice to start fresh somwhere else, and who knows maybe be able to make some friends!!  but as to where, i dont know, cuz i've never been anywhere! lol

bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:44 PM
LOL Please, I'll never even leave this road let alone this town.
Alwaysmotivated
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:20 PM

lmao, that is the funniest, love your answer.. Well glad that you are loving where you are :)

Quoting bmw29:

LOL Please, I'll never even leave this road let alone this town.

Alwaysmotivated
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Yep, good to be with family but also you never know where life may lead you and then you can take the entire crew..

Quoting alexis_06:

i dont know if i would move...all i have is my daughter and my parents...and i dont think i could leave them....however it would be nice to start fresh somwhere else, and who knows maybe be able to make some friends!!  but as to where, i dont know, cuz i've never been anywhere! lol

jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Yes in a heartbeat. While this area isn't completely bad it's not home. We will move in about 3 years. Such is the life of the military. :)
Alwaysmotivated
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:27 PM

i love the ATL, its the best place to buy a home for your bucks, huge homes.. I lived there for a while but had to move which was very sad, so I don't blame you! Good Luck in looking for your new home as well..

Quoting mcginnisc:

The only place I would be willing to move to would be FL and that is to be closer to my mother and IL's. They live in a retirement community in central FL and we love it there.. issue is that it would be difficult for Dh to transfer there as the closest office is in Tampa and that is a couple of hours away. We have no desire to live in Tampa. 

We currently live in a burb of Atlanta and we love it. My BIL's family lives about 8 houses away, we have our Church ( where DH has been a member for 38 years and I've been there for 22), the kids have their friends, we have ours, they have an amazing private school and there is so very much to do in this area. We are looking for a new house now, but in one of our local country clubs, so about 10 minutes from here...we won't move again until DH and I are able to move to The Villages, where the Grands live as it is 55+ and older. 15 more years until we are able to move there as our youngest will be 18...their rules are no kids younger than 18 or 55 and older...we will be 51 when Karli is 18, so we plan on moving to FL then...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)