Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

moms with little girls

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:34 PM
  • 24 Replies

Does your dd like to wear bows in her hair??

I tried to put them in dds hair when she was about a year but all she did was take them out just as fast as i put them in lol but now all she wants in her hair are bows and her hair done up every day!! shes definitely turning into a girly girl

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:38 PM

once in awhile she likes to WEAR bows in her hair.  The last time was when she went to a grown up play as a field trip in school.  I wasnt sure on placement so when we got her hair cut before that i had the stylist help me.  We also have headbands with bows attached since she does not like things in her hair that "hold on" as she puts it.

kcook55
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Dd its 5 and has loved bows in her hair some she was a baby. She's the day she was born she has had something in her hair
missmonkeysma
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:41 PM

thanks for the correction.

for some reason my dd doesnt like headbands

Quoting frndlyfn:

once in awhile she likes to WEAR bows in her hair.  The last time was when she went to a grown up play as a field trip in school.  I wasnt sure on placement so when we got her hair cut before that i had the stylist help me.  We also have headbands with bows attached since she does not like things in her hair that "hold on" as she puts it.

do11face
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I like hair ribbons but not big on the bow thing. She loves ribbons in her hair. :)

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:48 PM

The headbands can feel restricting if you are not used to them. I try to get the ones that go around the head and are cloth rather than the U shaped ones that are rigid.

Quoting missmonkeysma:

thanks for the correction.

for some reason my dd doesnt like headbands

Quoting frndlyfn:

mamav2215
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:18 PM

i think living in Texas ruined hair bows for me. They're adorable on little girls but girls wear them well into their 20's there and I just couldn't stand it. (i'm from MN... not originally a texan)

Bigmetalchicken
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 6:25 PM

My daughter loves them. Sadly, she does not have enough hair to waer them yet, poor thing.

1st_time_mom789
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Nope. DD has to be in the mood to actually have anything in her hair. As soon as I put even a hair tie in her hair she takes it out quicker than what I put it in. And she is going to be three in three months. I had more luck with the bows in her hair when when she was a baby than what I do now.

baby7810
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 6:28 PM

my dd came home from the hosptal wearing a bow LOL she is 3 now and will sometimes ask, otherwise i will just put one on if we are going out. and rarely but it has happened she will refuse a bow so i just let it be :)

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 30, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Every once in a while but mostly she likes her hair down and wild lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN