Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

No more kids

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:38 PM
  • 5 Replies
My husband and I are 100% sure we don't want anymore kids. I'm 26 and he will be 27. We have one son who is 3 and a daughter that will be here in August. I've gone back and forth with the idea of getting my tubes tied but after my dr appt today I have changed my mind and here's why...

When I was a baby I had malrotation of my intestines. So obviously there is a lot of scar tissue and my intestines are attached to my back abdominal wall. I was risking things breaking loose with my first pregnancy but nothing happened. I'm pushing my luck this time cause everything is stressed and stretched out.

The question I have is who's husband/boyfriend/fiancé has had a vasectomy instead of getting your tubes tied? She told me that it would be a high risk surgery for me but for him it would be better for him to do it if this is what we want, which it is. He hasn't thought about it until my dr told me I could run the risk of bowel perforation.
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kidlover2
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:41 PM
My ex husband had one. He had no problems other than he ended up with some scar tissue (painless) that he referred to as his spare testicle.
funhappymom
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:16 AM

I'm sorry, I have no experience with either tube tying or vasectomy. Would the essure procedure be a possibility for you? It's a newer way to 'tie' your tubes without surgery and can be done in office.

Reina13
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I had my tubes tied but I also don't have any medical issues that could've been dangerous to do so.

Several of my friends husbands and even family members have elected to have vasectomy. None of which had any negative effects of them that I am aware of.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Mine didn't have any issues. It was out-patient. He had soreness for a couple days. It was the best solution for us, as by the time we were able to start trying again, it was too late in life. And with my health issues we didn't want to take any chances.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN