Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Boys with long hair?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:17 PM
  • 27 Replies

Poll

Question: Should boys have long hair?

Options:

No, I think boys should have short hair.

Sure! Let the locks flow!

Other... O_o

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 49

View Results

My son is 4 and I have never cut his hair, I have been flip-flopping lately on whether or not I should at least trim his hair, but the way his hair has grown, I would be cutting off blonde wavy curls and his hair is coming in more brown now, I may never get that blonde hair back! lol He honestly doesn't care either way, but he gets called a girl a lot, no matter what he is wearing, which is always very boy-ish. I personally feel that there shouldn't be a gender role as far as hair is concerned, its not a "boys have short hair and girls have long hair" kind of world, we live in a world where any gender can have their hair anyway they like, and hair is even sacred in some cultures! So, what do you think about little boys with long hair?

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:19 PM

As long as the childs hair is well taken care of, i dont really care what length or style it is.  I am not happy when i see it artificially dyed though since that is not good for hair.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:20 PM
I prefer short for my boys but it also depends on the kid and the type of hair they have.
RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:21 PM

its fine.

my issue in my boys having long hair was simply that they take care of it. keep it clean. keep it groomed. revel in it. enjoy it while it lasts. as the paternal side of the family brings early hair loss to the picture.

most the men in their other family are bald now.

jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:22 PM
It's not my place to say if someone should let their son have long hair or not. Personally for my son, he will have short hair. It's what my husband and I have decided. When he is older if he decides he wants longer hair then fine he can have it longer (although I think my dh will disagree!)
LitNut
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I normally have DS's hair cut pretty short, but it's so blonde that it always makes him look nearly bald. I am considering growing his hair out a bit to see how it looks. 

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I have religious believes on girls have long hair and boys have short but he is your son and it is you decision so style his hair how you like it
kearaloves1
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:26 PM

i love it and want to continue to grow out my sons hair,he is one and a half and when wet his hair is past shoulder length im very happy with it.

Marimaru
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Sometimes my daughter will say something like "Boys have short hair and girls have long hair."  I go through the list of guys we know of any age that have long hair, and girls we know of any age who have short hair.

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:33 PM
I have no opinion of what other moms do but my sons hair is cut the minute it touches his ears
lapcounter
by Super Mom on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:35 PM
I cannot stand long hair on boys but that's my opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)