Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have PCOS?? Could use some advice if so... piog

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:59 AM
  • 2 Replies
1 mom liked this

I haven't had a period in 18 months, well last month I got one but that was the first time in a year and a half. I had some bloodwork done and the results came back the I have PCOS. I am going to see an Endocrinologist tomorrow and am not sure what to expect. My General Doctor was pretty vague on the phone, she did say that I would be put on meds to regulate my period and help me lose weight (In the last 18 months I have gained 45 lbs despite going to the gym 5 days a week and eating very healhty). She said once my periods are normal I should be able to conceive another baby but I've read some awful things online about women never conceiving another child or any children at all. I have 2 little girls, and in about 2-3 years DH and I want to try for another but now I'm scared it will never happen. Any of  y'all that have been through this and can give me advice, I'd be really grateful. Thanks so much

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Bf and I tried to have a baby for about 18 months. We got frustrated and gave up.

About 6 months later (after giving up), we found out we were expecting. We have an 8 month old little boy now!

Honestly, I was angry when I found out I was pregnant. I had come to terms with not having another child. We had moved on and were moving on to other things we wanted in life. we bought a dump of a house to fix (a dream we wanted) and were filling our time with other things.

Now....we are fixing the dump of a house and raising a baby! we are extremely happy with where we are.

He has a 10 year old from his first marriage. I have a 7 year old from a previous relationship.
robbinsroost
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:45 AM
I had 3 kids in 3 years before I started showing signs of PCOS. I started gaining weight after my 3rd and my period got farther and farther apart. After 2 years I finally went to the Dr and got diagnosed.

I started on metformin and my periods regulated quickly. I also lost 30lbs in 3 months after I got on a higher dose. I then got pregnant. My DS is now 17 months and I have not taken metformin since he was born. I am gaining weight and my periods are getting farther apart. I am going to try to get back on the metformin soon.

Hopefully you will not need more than metformin, but you may also need clomid if you want to get pregnant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)