Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When You Were Young and Inexperienced, What....

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:41 PM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

What jobs did you go for?

Like, around your early 20's (for those of you who are older) and for those of you who are in your 20's where do you work and how did you get there? I'm talking about before going to college or any education further than HS.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alli1204
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I babysat during HS and worked in day cares during college.
sfigu16
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I work at a Eye docs office and i found it on craiglist actually before this i was working in retail and totally hated it!

corpswife523
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I wanted to work in a day care! These days all the applications are online.. Which lessens your chance of getting any job :/ For me anyways.

Quoting alli1204:

I babysat during HS and worked in day cares during college.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I was a lab assistant from 19 to 22 years old. I quit when I became pregnant and haven't worked since. It has been 8 years. 

I am in school full time now and in 2.5 years when I am done I will go back to work. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

corpswife523
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Wow, from retail to eye doctors office. You sound lucky! Lol I tried looking on Craigslist, but I live in a town thats an hour from the closest city that's on Craigslist.

Quoting sfigu16:

I work at a Eye docs office and i found it on craiglist actually before this i was working in retail and totally hated it!

IAMmomtotrips
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, by the time I was 21, I had graduated college with a BA and a BSE and was working full time as a teacher. 

But in college, I was a lifegaurd, tutored students, and worked at our local pizza place.

corpswife523
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I wish I could get a job like that.. The only experience I have is restaraunts (I'm 19).

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I was a lab assistant from 19 to 22 years old. I quit when I became pregnant and haven't worked since. It has been 8 years. 

I am in school full time now and in 2.5 years when I am done I will go back to work. 

sfigu16
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:48 PM

it was defenitely a hunt!!! I send at least 50 resumes before landing this one! and thanks! i do feel lucky some of my retail girls are still looking for a better job. It is hard but dont give up!

Quoting corpswife523:

Wow, from retail to eye doctors office. You sound lucky! Lol I tried looking on Craigslist, but I live in a town thats an hour from the closest city that's on Craigslist.

Quoting sfigu16:

corpswife523
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I think I sent out resume #20 to Lowe's yesterday. Lol! I'm worried I won't get anything because I'm pregnant.. 15w and counting. No one wants to hire a lady who will need maternity leave in a couple months. :/

Quoting sfigu16:

it was defenitely a hunt!!! I send at least 50 resumes before landing this one! and thanks! i do feel lucky some of my retail girls are still looking for a better job. It is hard but dont give up!

Quoting corpswife523:

Quoting sfigu16:

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Then go to school. Get your BSN or become a Clinical Laboratory Scientist. You are so young, the sky is the limit for you!! 

Hell, I am 31 years old and I will be 34 (ish) by the time I am done with school, then I'll work for 2 years and go back and get my masters. I'll be nearly 40 before I am in my dream job. It is doable. 

Quoting corpswife523:

I wish I could get a job like that.. The only experience I have is restaraunts (I'm 19).

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)