Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wtf have a gotten myself into?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:42 PM
  • 14 Replies
I signed my son up for soccer. He is 3. He had played in spring but wanted to do it again. I knew when I signed him up for this league it was based on volunteer coaches. I had volunteered for team mom, not coach! I know very little about soccer and won't act like I do. Well they didn't find a coach volunteer so they elected me as coach. If I don't do it we won't have a team coach therefore no soccer. Ugh what did I get into? I don't know how to coach!
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Coaching at that level is more of herding the kids and making sure they don't hurt each other too bad.  Head to the library for books on coaching too.

letstalk747
by Joy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM

good luck to ya

KMAsMommy9182
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I would try talking to the other parents and see if there is anyone who might be willing to help out.  At least take some of the pressure off.

Jennyanne322
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Google the crap out of soccer and let to learning. Good luck!!!
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

At that age, it's more about learning basics. No hands on the ball, where out of bounds is, score in the right goal, don't push others...you don't really need to know all the ins and outs of soccer to do this.

AMCMSM
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

This happened to my brother :) No kidding he bought this http://www.amazon.com/Coaching-Soccer-Dummies-National-Alliance/dp/0471773816

Tipsen
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Why do they do this?!?! I am stressing.

Quoting AMCMSM:

This happened to my brother :) No kidding he bought this http://www.amazon.com/Coaching-Soccer-Dummies-National-Alliance/dp/0471773816

ablackdolphin
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:25 PM

YIKES!

GoddessMom2B
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Try to learn a little on soccer and just go out there and try to make the kids enjoy themselves. Just like the first post said, at that level expert knowledge isn't necessary.

nicci29223
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I played for nearly 20 years and have coached a little. I also taught elementary school so I have experience coming up with activities for little people. Feel free to message me or ask questions any time. I also just signed my 3 year old up, but this will be her first season. Her shoes, shin guards, and ball arrived in the mail today. She's so excited.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)