Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

CREATIVE AND CRAFTY CM MOMS...HELP...PLEASE!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:48 PM
  • 4 Replies

Okay so tonight I stopped at World Market and in their clearance bin I found some wonderful knobs, the kind you would put on drawers, for practically nothing. They are ceramic and glass and I thought they would be great to use to make a hanging rack for our bedroom. I thought I would mount them on a board and then hang it on the wall so my husband could hang his clothes up rather than just throw them on the chair. I'd like to mount them on the kind of board that is rustic and sometimes referred to as barn wood but I don't know where to buy it. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate some help with this...THANKS!

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sassygoddess
by Judy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Very cute idea...could you possibly look into learning how to age wood yourself?

GaleJ
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I suppose I could but I would rather not because I would like this to happen rather quickly and if I did that it would become a whole other project. I can't believe that it isn't available to buy already "old" as it were. Thanks for the suggestion and should I fail finding some I'll reconsider trying it myself.

Quoting sassygoddess:

Very cute idea...could you possibly look into learning how to age wood yourself?

AbbyWalsh
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Look around loading docks and see if you can find free pallets.  That wood is pretty rough and if you find some that have been outside for a while it might be just what you're looking for.

Arwyn724
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Flea markets and yard sales may have old wooden shelves. You may also find an already built 'hanger one' that would only need the knobs replaced with yours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)