Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

at my wits end

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:00 PM
  • 9 Replies
I have a 14yr old sd who loves to push my buttons on every visit. This past weekend we went to lake and she brought a friend which seems to make matters worse. Anyway she harps on me all weekend about ny choice of music, makes fun of what I'm wearing, continually calls my dogs ugly and stupid so naturally I snapped. Needless to my weekend sucked. Now to make matters worse my sd's mother called a least 60 times during our time. Now on the way back from the lake my sd asked if she could have a movie to watch on the way back home I said you can take this time to reflect on your behavior. My husband was in one car with the two girls and I was in my car with my ss and nephew. My husband calls not five minutes into the ride back demanding I give my sd a movie I said no I told she couldn't have one. So instead of backing me up he makes me pull over and he's screams at me in front of the two boys and gets my sd a movie wtf am I suppose to do when that happens? I can't get respect from my sd when I adv being undermined all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KMAsMommy9182
by Toujours Raison on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:08 PM
3 moms liked this

If your husband can't respect you enough to allow you to coparent properly, then you have bigger problems than a bratty teenager.

nonedoing
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:19 PM
There was a situation a few years back my skd's mother decided to take its to court onfalse charges that we spent three years defending my husband and now he is afraid to discipline and my sd knows hee won't do anything until it gets to him then he boils over
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this
When you are alone with your husband you need to talk to him about his behavior... The daughter is 14 they are by nature immature but you husband needs to back you up in disipline
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Hi there,
I do agree with the others,
If your DH won't back you up .. you're really going to have to have a heart to heart with him.
Good luck & let us know how it goes ;)

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:56 AM

I think you need to sit down and communicate with your husband. Tell him how you feel and ask for his direction.

Stepmom Central

nonedoing
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Thanks for all the advice will talk to him this weekend as we have busy schedules this week did let him know that for awhile off my sd is going to be at the house I will find somewhere to go I don't even want to look at her right now I also let him know if I have no say in discipline or parenting then I will not take get to our pick get up from any functions or pay for her phone anymore. Why should I do all the parenting things if I have no say. Sounds fair to me
othermom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Talk to him when the kids are not around and see if you guys can work something out for situations like that. That would be very frustrating

MamaMerkle126
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

This.

Quoting KMAsMommy9182:

If your husband can't respect you enough to allow you to coparent properly, then you have bigger problems than a bratty teenager.

oscarsmom70
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:05 PM

This can be so tough and it is so important the adults be on the same page so these things don't happen.  The non-profit I work for has an article about parenting in blended families that I almost have memorized, I refer to it so much  for advice.  I am hoping you may find some words of wisdom in it that will help . . .

Praying for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)