Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Bi-racial kids

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:37 PM
  • 96 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am bi-racial 1/2 white 1/2 black. My boyfriend is 100% black. My kids will take more on whose genes? I think my baby will take more on my boyfriend's side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Arwyn724
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Hard to say.  My ex & I are both caucasion, and my daughter looks like his whole family.  They all look alike.  You wouldn't think I had anything to do with my daughter.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this
It could go either way depends if your are features more Caucasian or black is the dad light skin or dark is his hair fine or kinky etc.
nerdymom28
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:56 PM
7 moms liked this

There is absolutely no way to tell. I've seen biracial kids with blonde, frizzy hair, blue eyes and light skin. Or like my daughter, who has dark skin, green eyes and soft, relaxed curls.

Basically...genes are a crazy thing. There is no way to know what will happen.

eve210
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM
There's no telling who's genes they will take more from. I have biracial children and they look like a mixture of us both. Not majority like one parent
21princess
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:00 PM
He is really dark and has afro hair.

Quoting DACIA79:

It could go either way depends if your are features more Caucasian or black is the dad light skin or dark is his hair fine or kinky etc.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:01 PM

You would never know until the baby is born.

I thought for sure my son was going to take after me in skin color but he didn't he took after my husband.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Its crazy because we have 2 white kids and 2 black kids lol. Thats just a saying me and my husband says lol.

vbway
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Genes are a weird thing. My sister is 1/2 white and 1/2 black. She has a medium brown skin and long hair with loose curls. And while she has her dad's forehead, she looks like a brown version of my blond haired, blue eyed, freckle having mother. She has dark brown almost black hair, but she has red streaks that run through it. There really is no knowing in advance.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:07 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think he took after his dad I think they are a absolutely perfect mixture of you both

Cute kids

Quoting godsgirl26:

Its crazy because we have 2 white kids and 2 black kids lol. Thats just a saying me and my husband says lol.

MomTiara19
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes mostly your boyfriends genes(black).If your boyfriend was white your baby would take on mostly the white genes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN