Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

NO more SIPPY cup????!

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:58 AM
  • 6 Replies
Hello mothers my son is almost four and I can't seem to get him off his sippy cup he will need three bottles at nap time and three at bed time.. this is a big stress for me because I am washing the bed sheets everyday ... I would love for it to be that easy to just say no more but he will cry and fight his sleep untilled he gets one. I just don't know what to do and I'm tired of washing sheets everyday
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
happinessforyou
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:08 PM

You are washing sheets all day because he wets the bed with all that liquid or because you are putting him in his bed with full sippy cups???

My 2 kids went to bed without bottles/cups. They can sleep without them= dry sheets.

waytomanykids9
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Let him cry and throw a fit. You are the one tht is supposed to be in control, not him.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Yup.  I would wean him off though.  Give him one at nap and one at bed.  After a week or two, drop the bedtime one.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:25 PM

With my kiddos we just took them away. Made them drink from normal cups weather they liked it or not. The first couple of nights are crazy but eventually they figure it out and it goes by allot smoother. Just need to not allow yourself to cave.  Good luck

Goobieville
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Take it away. You are the parent. 

NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Wow. How's that working for you? Letting your kid be the boss if he cries enough.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN