Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ulta salon overcharging?

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:31 AM
  • 4 Replies
I went in for a trim yesterday at ulta. I knew the stylist from her doing my hair once before. Well she's good I'm not upset about that, I'm confused about where the $50 price comes from. She knows I'm trying to grow it so I just get it trimmed. On the salon services menu it says I think 35, or 40 for a cut and style. It says $50 for a formal cut/style like for a special occasion. Where's 50 coming from? I always feel I'm getting ripped off there! But I really like this lady, so idk what to do I emailed the company well see what they say. One time I went in for cut, color and highlights and it was just short of $300! And I seriously think they just pull these prices out of their a$&! Cuz compared to the salon pricing menu it doesn't match! Anyone else experience this from ulta?
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Why didn't you ask why it's so high if you aren't getting an up do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harajukumoma
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:35 AM
To be honest, I didnt realize until I left. Then I looked at the receipt and looked at the online list and price of services then I noticed. So I emailed them

Quoting mommyof11050307:

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I know that salons like penny's different hair dressers make different money so they charge more.

Quoting harajukumoma:

To be honest, I didnt realize until I left. Then I looked at the receipt and looked at the online list and price of services then I noticed. So I emailed them

Quoting mommyof11050307:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harajukumoma
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Ya I was thinking that might be why... But it usually says that on the menu thing. Idk why I keep calling it a menu! Lol I don't know what else to call it

Quoting mommyof11050307:

I know that salons like penny's different hair dressers make different money so they charge more.

Quoting harajukumoma:

Quoting mommyof11050307:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)